Wild Justice Judicial review.

greylag

Wild justice have been granted a date for the judicial review of game bird release into the countryside.Now is the time for all the organisations to get the legal eagles together and fight this review  vigorously.We can't allow these anti shooting bunch have their own way.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, greylag said:

Wild justice have been granted a date for the judicial review of game bird release into the countryside.Now is the time for all the organisations to get the legal eagles together and fight this review  vigorously.We can't allow these anti shooting bunch have their own way.

BASC, the Countryside Alliance, the Game Farmers’ Association and the National Gamekeepers Organisation are joining the government in defending this judicial review against the release of gamebirds in and near to designated sites.

The High Court has announced today that the case should be heard by the end of October. The substantive work to date by the shooting organisations through representations has meant that this will not impact on shooting in the season ahead.

More information will follow in due course.

54 minutes ago, Conor O'Gorman said:

BASC, the Countryside Alliance, the Game Farmers’ Association and the National Gamekeepers Organisation are joining the government in defending this judicial review against the release of gamebirds in and near to designated sites.

The High Court has announced today that the case should be heard by the end of October. The substantive work to date by the shooting organisations through representations has meant that this will not impact on shooting in the season ahead.

More information will follow in due course.

If all goes well it will not impact on shooting in years to come.My grandchildren need good representation to allow  them to have the pleasure and enjoyment we have today.

Seems like the gloves are off with WJ again now. Really doing there best to undermine discredit NE. And it seems everyone else who's not on there side  or disagrees with them. Why should NE engage with them!? They have tried and shown there hand as a minority bunch of ( hen harrier obsessed) activists that are trying to make/have made wildlife/conservation political to push there agendas! So wrong! They have no answers, real knowledge or really care about conservation! Keep regurgitating the same old bile and still saying it's not about class, land ownership and they don't want to ban shooting! Lies!!!! It gets boring after so many times. It will be wildlife that suffers!. The big fellas full of spin, half truths and twisted words again riding on the coat tails of the hare shooting ban. Just how political was that! No doubt if there's a sniff of success or publicity CP will be jumping on it and be more vocal to. He even managed to upset botanists the other week. Surely all can see them for what they are!  We! As practitioners with no agenda but real knowledge and skills, with true passion for shooting, conservation and the countryside have given DEFRA NE and our orgs plenty of good information knowledge and support when asked. It's time for all to step up for shooting and conservation! 

Bit of another rant!     NB      

8 hours ago, NatureBoy said:

Seems like the gloves are off with WJ again now. Really doing there best to undermine discredit NE. And it seems everyone else who's not on there side  or disagrees with them. Why should NE engage with them!? They have tried and shown there hand as a minority bunch of ( hen harrier obsessed) activists that are trying to make/have made wildlife/conservation political to push there agendas! So wrong! They have no answers, real knowledge or really care about conservation! Keep regurgitating the same old bile and still saying it's not about class, land ownership and they don't want to ban shooting! Lies!!!! It gets boring after so many times. It will be wildlife that suffers!. The big fellas full of spin, half truths and twisted words again riding on the coat tails of the hare shooting ban. Just how political was that! No doubt if there's a sniff of success or publicity CP will be jumping on it and be more vocal to. He even managed to upset botanists the other week. Surely all can see them for what they are!  We! As practitioners with no agenda but real knowledge and skills, with true passion for shooting, conservation and the countryside have given DEFRA NE and our orgs plenty of good information knowledge and support when asked. It's time for all to step up for shooting and conservation! 

Bit of another rant!     NB      

Agree entirely...well said...:good:

19 hours ago, greylag said:

🤣 A lisping mental case, a fat bloke with a blog and a lady with a face like thunder and an attitude to match, coupled to a legal team who have based their professional careers on ambulance chasing are currently running rings round everyone. If that doesn't tell you all you need to know about 'our orgs' you need to give your head a wobble. Save your money, spend it on the shooting you enjoy for the limited time it remains.

Edited by mick miller

27 minutes ago, mick miller said:

🤣 A lisping mental case, a fat bloke with a blog and a lady with a face like thunder and an attitude to match, coupled to a legal team who have based their professional careers on ambulance chasing are currently running rings round everyone. If that doesn't tell you all you need to know about 'our orgs' you need to give your head a wobble.

Well said....👍

32 minutes ago, mick miller said:

🤣 A lisping mental case, a fat bloke with a blog and a lady with a face like thunder and an attitude to match, coupled to a legal team who have based their professional careers on ambulance chasing are currently running rings round everyone. If that doesn't tell you all you need to know about 'our orgs' you need to give your head a wobble. Save your money, spend it on the shooting you enjoy for the limited time it remains.

Nailed it Mick 😁

Nature Boy and Twenty..... wake up and do some research on NE.... viz. the NE programme on withholding leases of foreshore to wild fowling clubs, etc.

Oh by the way, Head of NE is one Tony Juniper - an associate of Packham & co - IIRC also involved in Wild Justice previous efforts against the countryside sports.?

16 minutes ago, harkom said:

Nature Boy and Twenty..... wake up and do some research on NE.... viz. the NE programme on withholding leases of foreshore to wild fowling clubs, etc.

Oh by the way, Head of NE is one Tony Juniper - an associate of Packham & co - IIRC also involved in Wild Justice previous efforts against the countryside sports.?

If that's the case surely he's in conflict of interest and shouldn't have anything to do with the legal proceedings? Of if the case goes wild justices way then the likes of BASC should have an avenue of appeal because it could be demonstrated that there may have been underhand dealings by Mr juniper to sabotage the case in favour of wild justice.

Edited by Rob85
Wording

I am afraid I quoted incorrectly on my last post.I am sorry Mick feels that way for I find  if me and my friends are being attacked by the narrow minded people of WJ. we cannot standby and give them a free hand.We must come out fighting.I for one am sick and tired of having to defend all that I hold dear to people who wouldn't know a woodcock from a woodlouse.For goodness sake, the whole of the shooting community should be up in arms about this disgraceful judicial review, and make no mistakes if the terrible trio get this through other more onerous things are coming our way.

2 hours ago, harkom said:

I did flag it up about NE and it not looking good for wildfowling last week on another thread! Not being a fowler i haven't followed it closely. Not sure they are all so chummy now and he is aligned with them?? Avery (the brains behind WJ) has slated and tried to bully him big time after there last go at shooting and trying really to undermine him and NE more recently. Even mentioned angling, of which Tony is one. Nice friend huh!  I did once think that with his appointment last year they thought they had "one of there's" on the inside they could influence and minipulate? May of been one reason to form WJ and challenge the GL's when they did? I think they were hoping to get some advisory position, influence and Funding! Maybe still are? But! They have shown themselves to be rabid left wing activists ( been said Packham has been known to don a balaclava? Avery's been associated with known criminal Anti Luke Steele) using wildlife/nature to push an anti shooting, political, land owning, class agenda. If they succeed it will be a slippery slope for shooting!  At the cost of real wildlife conservation! They know NE and DEFRA have had there funding and manpower slashed!( Ask any farmer who's in a conservation scheme). Yet in a national crisis they still want to push there agendas  under the guise of protecting wildlife. Unfortunatly they have a very good legal team with no morals that like challenging our government, winning and taking money from them/us. 

Note! There has been nothing from any of them WJ  in support of the keepers/land owners/managers that have used there knowledge, staff and skills to fight the wildfires! Or use of BBQ's and sky lanterns. Or all the additional random walkers, dogs and birders/twitchers disturbing wildlife. No! Because they hate keepers/moor owners and the ignorant are part of there money stream.

Now is not the time for dis'n our orgs, name calling and any infighting! We have had threads and many pages of that in past, And it gets bloody boring! I think our orgs have got the message we ant happy! We have supported them gave them and gov a lot of real good information as practitioners when asked! There's been a lot of good people with great knowledge and skill trying to help them.They need to listen and support us! Get on and get it sorted! For shooting, conservation and farming! 

Another rant and just my views.  NB

P.S Harkom excuse my ignorance what/who are IIRC?

51 minutes ago, NatureBoy said:

I did flag it up about NE and it not looking good for wildfowling last week on another thread! Not being a fowler i haven't followed it closely. Not sure they are all so chummy now and he is aligned with them?? Avery (the brains behind WJ) has slated and tried to bully him big time after there last go at shooting and trying really to undermine him and NE more recently. Even mentioned angling, of which Tony is one. Nice friend huh!  I did once think that with his appointment last year they thought they had "one of there's" on the inside they could influence and minipulate? May of been one reason to form WJ and challenge the GL's when they did? I think they were hoping to get some advisory position, influence and Funding! Maybe still are? But! They have shown themselves to be rabid left wing activists ( been said Packham has been known to don a balaclava? Avery's been associated with known criminal Anti Luke Steele) using wildlife/nature to push an anti shooting, political, land owning, class agenda. If they succeed it will be a slippery slope for shooting!  At the cost of real wildlife conservation! They know NE and DEFRA have had there funding and manpower slashed!( Ask any farmer who's in a conservation scheme). Yet in a national crisis they still want to push there agendas  under the guise of protecting wildlife. Unfortunatly they have a very good legal team with no morals that like challenging our government, winning and taking money from them/us. 

Note! There has been nothing from any of them WJ  in support of the keepers/land owners/managers that have used there knowledge, staff and skills to fight the wildfires! Or use of BBQ's and sky lanterns. Or all the additional random walkers, dogs and birders/twitchers disturbing wildlife. No! Because they hate keepers/moor owners and the ignorant are part of there money stream.

Now is not the time for dis'n our orgs, name calling and any infighting! We have had threads and many pages of that in past, And it gets bloody boring! I think our orgs have got the message we ant happy! We have supported them gave them and gov a lot of real good information as practitioners when asked! There's been a lot of good people with great knowledge and skill trying to help them.They need to listen and support us! Get on and get it sorted! For shooting, conservation and farming! 

IF I RECALL CORRECTLY.

48 minutes ago, NatureBoy said:

With you all the way.Wildfowling is safe on the vast majority of marshes in England  and Wales and it is on a few marshes where the consent has not been given,due to the inefficiency of NE.

NRW is no better .BASC fortunately are fighting NE on the refused consents.

6 hours ago, mick miller said:

Agreed,  you forgot to mention the 100,000's of gullible do-gooders that love all animals [even the ones they eat] and will send their £10 to fight the wicked upper class knobs that dress up to shoot Hen Harriers and set fire to the moors all weekend

6 minutes ago, islandgun said:

Agreed,  you forgot to mention the 100,000's of gullible do-gooders that love all animals [even the ones they eat] and will send their £10 to fight the wicked upper class knobs that dress up to shoot Hen Harriers and set fire to the moors all weekend

And this, I suggest, is the fire that needs fighting. Not knee-jerk reactions to events and endless offering up of additional, self-imposed conditions in the vain and pointless hope that it will prevent or assuage further attacks.

The debate, on the BBC and any other media platform is decidedly one-sided. Makes you wonder what they actually do with that media centre doesn't it? Perhaps it's going to be used to store all the useless old shotguns that can no longer work with steel shot?

Edited by mick miller

30 minutes ago, mick miller said:

And this, I suggest, is the fire that needs fighting. Not knee-jerk reactions to events and endless offering up of additional, self-imposed conditions in the vain and pointless hope that it will prevent or assuage further attacks.

The debate, on the BBC and any other media platform is decidedly one-sided. Makes you wonder what they actually do with that media centre doesn't it? Perhaps it's going to be used to store all the useless old shotguns that can no longer work with steel shot?

👍

'Tis odd indeed that when the modus operandi of the "big bag boys" is at stake that funds can be found to fight the corner yet funds couldn't be found to fight the corner against the request for additional medical input on FAC/SGC grant and renewal. No money for that. And we are all aware of the abrupt and sudden volte face on the use of lead shot one day "no evidence for change". And then the next day it's "all change"!

The more I see, the more I hear, the more I ask "cui bono"? The individual shooting pigeons under GL crop protection who takes some for the pot or does it, this crop protection, unpaid, for pleasure? The small friends' syndicate putting a few birds down in a density that is sustainable and sharing their bag 'tween guns, guests, beaters and dogmen?

Or is it the truth that who really benefits is the "big bag boys" over-saturating land with birds the practice of which they then seek to justify by that claim that it is all actually really about "food production"? For money can't be spent twice and money spent on this Judicial Review is money that couldn't somehow be found to be spent on a Judicial Review against medical input? Hmm. Indeed "cui bono"?

BASC needs to decide who it represents. The individual member or the "big bag boys" and the British Game Alliance? Because more and more and more it seems to me that when a matter arises....requests for additional medical input....that effects the "little people" there's a lack of any money for aggressive proactive support yet when the interests of the "big bag boys" are hazarded the purse falls open easily. Why is this?

Edited by enfieldspares