Specsavers glasses

Chris Waring

I have in the past, not sure they were those two colours. Great if you have that antiglare film added for night driving. 

I need to ring them to book into buy a pair of sunglasses. My last pair where stolen from my car. Only thing they took was a Fleetwood Mac CD and my sunglasses. 

4 minutes ago, washerboy said:

I have in the past, not sure they were those two colours. Great if you have that antiglare film added for night driving. 

I need to ring them to book into buy a pair of sunglasses. My last pair where stolen from my car. Only thing they took was a Fleetwood Mac CD and my sunglasses. 

Did they not steal your Eric Marienthal  C.D. ?  

23 minutes ago, billytheghillie said:

Did they not steal your Eric Marienthal  C.D. ?  

Cruel 😂.. 

Fingers crossed this car I own hasn't been broken into in the 3 yrs I've owned it. Last one was 3 times in 3 yrs. Outside my house and no locks damaged, they did 4 cars in my street. All unlocked without keys 

Mrs went spec savers  for glasses told her she needed varifocals so she ordered them on arrival she tried then couldn’t see a thing “ oh don’t worry your eyes will become accustom to them “ said the assistant, turns out lens had been put in up side down ,after a massive argument she got her money back ,now gets her glasses on line 

13 hours ago, Chris Waring said:

Hi

Does anyone here use specsavers tinted prescription glasses? If you do how do you get on with them, do they work well. I'm particularly interested in yellow and red.

Chris. 

My shooting bi-focal prescription glasses are from Specsavers. They work OK for me.

I selected the largest wire framed they had - this prevents me looking over the top of the glasses at the incoming bird then switching to through the lense to take the shot (I found this the cause of most of my misses)Mine are coated twice in yellow. I found one coat too pale.

Edited by Bobba

30 minutes ago, Bobba said:

My shooting bi-focal prescription glasses are from Specsavers. They work OK for me.

I selected the largest wire framed they had - this prevents me looking over the top of the glasses at the incoming bird

Similarly but I have the "Snooker" frames and brown photochromic.

45 minutes ago, nnorman32 said:

Not sure about eye protection with spec savers.

How about Ballistic Glasses (Topgun/Sawfly) and get the lens insert prescription, then you can change your coloured lens overlay?

N.

The problem I found with the lens inserts is that they are just not big enough. I ended up looking past the edge of the insert all the time. 

7 hours ago, Bobba said:

I selected the largest wire framed they had - this prevents me looking over the top of the glasses at the incoming bird then switching to through the lense to take the shot (I found this the cause of most of my misses)Mine are coated twice in yellow. I found one coat too pale.

A friend who takes his clays seriously uses Jayson's in Long Eaton as they provide him with high lens glasses. 

8 hours ago, Yellow Bear said:

Similarly but I have the "Snooker" frames and brown photochromic.

Yep. If me and the sun are both out at the same time I have to wear shades. I have one clear pair for indoors which are varifocal and two pairs for outdoors where bi-focals are good enough. One pair have brown lenses but my shooting pair (I have to have two pairs as I shoot with one eye partially obscured and can't therefore drive with those on) are the grey (black-ish) variety as I was recommended. Have to say they are better and particularly for fishing. I can comfortably shoot through the frames without having to pivot them. Good piece of kit.