MaCartney and PETA

sam triple

Just heard these 2 are trying to remove meat from school meals for at least one day a week stating the kids can choose whatever nutritional needs they may want , with MaCartney and his daughters claiming no one needs to eat meat ,once again  the rich and privaliged voicing their own opinions as theirs is the only ones that counts ,make sick 

I don't eat red meat. Havnt done for 60 years. Chicken, seafood, Chinese crispy duck not an issue. But I would never force my choice on anyone else, I'm happy with what I eat , wife isn't , as I do most of the cooking so she eats what I make or makes her own. When we go out for a meal she always has steak, I'd cook her one at home BUT in 40 years she has never asked me to. She is so much .cant cook, won't cook" it's just "can't cook". Never knows if a tbsp of water is heaped or level!

makes a nice toblerone meringue though!

I'm always one of the first to defend the vegans on here. But that only goes so far as people who make their own choices and don't preach to others.

I see nothing wrong with veganism or vegetarianism and I think those who lament them solely for that fact alone are every bit as bad as the rabid vegans telling everyone meat is murder ect.

Macartney and PETA should mind their own business in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, Wymondley said:

Perhaps BASC should be countering it by suggesting game meat is served on one of the other days.

That's a damn good idea! It would be hilarious if you put some vegan stuff in front of the vast majority of children and teenagers. Well hilarious until you see the amount of food waste it would result in 

1 hour ago, Wymondley said:

Perhaps BASC should be countering it by suggesting game meat is served on one of the other days.

I think that we missed that boat years ago. I can remember my 6 years old Grandaughter coming home from school and telling me that her Teacher had told her that "It was wrong to kill God's creatures"  ! My Grandaughter is 32 now  !  Before I retired in 2001, I was in a Senior school and just happened to bump into the local RSPB representative, going to do a talk to sixth formers. So, I feel we may have just left it a bit late. Remember those kids that were back then,  are the ones making a lot of decisions that affect us today  ?

5 hours ago, Diver One said:

I don't eat red meat. Havnt done for 60 years. Chicken, seafood, Chinese crispy duck not an issue. But I would never force my choice on anyone else, I'm happy with what I eat , wife isn't , as I do most of the cooking so she eats what I make or makes her own. When we go out for a meal she always has steak, I'd cook her one at home BUT in 40 years she has never asked me to. She is so much .cant cook, won't cook" it's just "can't cook". Never knows if a tbsp of water is heaped or level!

makes a nice toblerone meringue though!

can I ask now and again  you cook your missus a really nice steak  done to her liking with all the trimmings it will mean so much to her 

They seem good at the time, but their songs were so simplistic and truly dire. Complicated lyrics, such as:

Please, please me

She loves you

From me to you

Love me do

Hello, goodbye

I still like "The long and winding road", but can't stand to listen to anything else that they wrote.