Police injured!!

Mice!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This be one of many flash points over the coming summer-the last thing the police want is a photo/video of a white cop battering a non-white person-worse still, if a serious injury occurs.

There's already a fair amount of pent up tension and confrontations like this could really kick off some serious disorder-from a couple of interviews it seems the locals didn't appreciate police turning up to shut down the party.

The last of the water cannons were sold off in early 90's.

Baton or AEP rounds have never been fired on the mainland UK in a public order situation and probably never will.

f.

Edited by Fuddster

6 minutes ago, Fuddster said:

This be one of many flash points over the coming summer-the last thing the police want is a photo/video of a white cop battering a non-white person-worse still, if a serious injury occurs.

There's already a fair amount of pent up tension and confrontations like this could really kick off some serious disorder-from a couple of interviews it seems the locals didn't appreciate police turning up to shut down the party.

The last of the water cannons were sold off in early 90's.

Baton or AEP rounds have never been fired on the mainland UK and probably never will.

f.

So basically the trouble making  elements are untouchable and they know it

Edited by Yellow Bear

4 hours ago, Mice! said:

The worrying thing is it was similar conditions before the 2011 riots. 

I can't imagine it taking much in the current situation for things to go down hill fast.

Hope the copper enjoys the time off and gets a clean slate.

Injured whilst running from the police?? Obviously he's going to sue, country is all wrong.

I was in the front line in 1981 in Liverpool, a good friend was the Sergeant in charge of a unit, in a Carrier that inadvertently  reversed over a protester/rioter. Well there were no street lights, just the light from the burning buildings which makes it difficult to see er.... pedestrians !

That Sergeant was suspended from duty, along with the Carrier driver, for over 12 months. It took about 10 years off his life, the worry of the thing going to Crown Court, standing in the dock, at the whim of a jury. I do not suppose it is any different today, if you want the streets to be Policed, then at least back up those who are doing the Policing.

Edited by Westley

4 hours ago, butchdickason said:

BLM used as an excuse for this despicable behaviour, and in my opinion any sympathy for BLM is dissolving fast.

Agreed.

What we need is a Met Police Commissioner who is interested in Policing and Law and Order, not playing statistics and playing softly softly.  She is in a difficult position because she reports to Kahn, who is useless and frightened of his own shadow - and is very unlikely to support any sensible 'tougher' action.  Sadly, owing to the odd system (being jointly responsible to a Labour mayor and a Tory Home Secretary is a bizarre mess), whatever the Home Office wants has also to be agreed (in London) by the mayors office regarding London general policing, but not I understand terrorism related matters where the Home Office alone is calling the tune.  Joint responsibility is often in practice 'unworkable'.

31 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

Somewhat insensitive of them , considering the horrific murder of one their own is being examined at court this week.
The accused being 3 of the 'honoured' members of the GRT community ?

But we must support diversity, must we not ? :|

2 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

What we need is a Met Police Commissioner who is interested in Policing and Law and Order

The police service is now run by people who are little more than professional managers and there is little scope for advancement beyond sergeant for the ordinary bobbies, no matter how well they do their job. Promotion comes from passing exams and ticking certain boxes. Almost all Chief officers entered as graduates straight into management and brought their liberal left university values with them. For those marked out for the top such as the hopeless and hapless Cressida **** even being responsible for the incredible cock up resulting in the mistaken killing of  the Brazilian de menezes didn't prevent her inevitable rise to become Commissioner.

These days the police, without bothering to check whether the government or public agree, have decided to reassign their priorities so that "Protecting the Public" is now what they insist is their main priority. Maintaining law and order is, you know, still sort around, they haven't totally given up on it, but according to their new narrative it's not what they're really there for. ... 🙄

2 minutes ago, Westward said:

Almost all Chief officers entered as graduates straight into management and brought their liberal left university values with them.

I believe it used to be the case that a good number of the seniors were usually retired military officers, and the rest had worked their way up .......

8 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Chances are , many of these people have never had a proper job in their life.

I was talking to a lad the other day, and asked him what he did for work , 'I sell da erb innit' he replied
I said thats not a real job really is it ?
'Only job I can get..innit ' he countered.

But drug dealing isnt really gainful employment I replied, how much do you earn a week ?
' Enough to keep me smoking it for free..innit' 

I thought I was speaking to you in strictest confidence and feel somewhat violated that you have relayed our conversation without prior consent 🤣

3 hours ago, Westley said:

want the streets to be Policed, then at least back up those who are doing the Policing.

100% agree, everything is on video these days, if someone is injured like you described above the first question should be why was the person even there?

If the police are filmed clearly doing something wrong then prosecution if proven guilty,  but they shouldn't have the threat hanging over them just for doing their job.

4 hours ago, figgy said:

The police should go in hard and batton them and water cannon the lot. Wash them against a wall and start scooping them up for processing.

Soon as they start throwing stuff, batton round them, volley after volley untill they all lay down.

I'm surprised they didn't once they are being charged at and police cars are being smashed up, missiles thrown

4 hours ago, figgy said:

The police should go in hard and batton them and water cannon the lot. Wash them against a wall and start scooping them up for processing.   .....   Soon as they start throwing stuff, batton round them, volley after volley untill they all lay down.

figgy is clearly talking about non-lethal measures,  but to some people the very words might bring to mind Dyer at Jallianwala .....   Better not go down that road.

14 minutes ago, McSpredder said:

figgy is clearly talking about non-lethal measures,  but to some people the very words might bring to mind Dyer at Jallianwala .....   Better not go down that road.

I understand the implication, but I see little similarity between the two events.

This was not a peaceful protest.

5 hours ago, figgy said:

The police should go in hard and batton them and water cannon the lot. Wash them against a wall and start scooping them up for processing.

Soon as they start throwing stuff, batton round them, volley after volley untill they all lay down.

Problem is, when one of those less than lethal weapons (as there's no such thing as non lethal) kills someone, it will feed BLM narrative.

Without heavy and vocal support from the vast majority of the public, who are effectively silenced, the police can't win.

5 hours ago, blackbird said:

Give them a break it’s only kids burning off a little steam, when you sign up to be a policeman you know you are going to be dealing with the scum of the earth.

You sound like that American guy who was supporting the riots. He suddenly changed his tune when they turned up in his neighbourhood and started trashing things.

26 minutes ago, Wymondley said:

I understand the implication, but I see little similarity between the two events.     This was not a peaceful protest.

You are 100% correct, but little things such as facts will not necessarily prevent pressure groups and media organisations from putting a different spin on things.

1 hour ago, Wymondley said:

I understand the implication, but I see little similarity between the two events.

This was not a peaceful protest.

That's very true, they must have known having a block party was going to bring the police?

Maybe that's what was wanted.