Police injured!!

Mice!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like the Home Secretary is going to have to get tough https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8460433/Priti-Patel-demands-Cressida-****-thing-tomorrow-morning-Brixton-mini-riot.html

I still doubt much will actually happen, but the police need to stop being always either on the back foot (or dropping to one knee), flying travellers flags in sympathy, .... and instead start upholding law and order and earn the public's respect again.

15 hours ago, McSpredder said:

figgy is clearly talking about non-lethal measures,  but to some people the very words might bring to mind Dyer at Jallianwala .....   Better not go down that road.

I would imagine 95 % of the population wouldnt know anything about the Amritsar massacre.

To be honest we're a million miles away from firing on crowds really.

21 hours ago, figgy said:

The police should go in hard and batton them and water cannon the lot. Wash them against a wall and start scooping them up for processing.

Soon as they start throwing stuff, batton round them, volley after volley untill they all lay down.

+1

6 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

Sounds like the Home Secretary is going to have to get tough https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8460433/Priti-Patel-demands-Cressida-****-thing-tomorrow-morning-Brixton-mini-riot.html

I still doubt much will actually happen, but the police need to stop being always either on the back foot (or dropping to one knee), flying travellers flags in sympathy, .... and instead start upholding law and order and earn the public's respect again.

Patel may bring the police back under the control of the Home Office but I wouldn't bet on it. We've had a succession of feeble Home Secretaries for a generation or more and the result is a police service that has completely forgotten that we used to have Policing by Consent in this country. So now the Chief Officers can and do decide virtually every aspect of how, why, when and in what ways they operate, and any Home Secretary with the effrontery to attempt to control them gets bullied (Javid) or overruled by the PM (Mrs May) after complaints from the Chief Officers. Half an hour ago Cressida Duck was on the radio wittering about how they'll clamp down on illegal gatherings all with a view to... Wait for it... Protecting the Public!

Once again no mention of law and order, just political rhetoric.

Who would want to be front line police officer in the Met when it's run by someone who's only in the job because she ticks the boxes for sexual orientation, gender, educational background and having a daft name.

2 hours ago, FOXHUNTER1 said:

We have never had a government with any authority since Thatcher.  She wouldnt have stood for all this carp that's going on at present.We need someone with some ******** running the country instead of a bunch of cowards , we are prisoners in our own country.

👍 👍👍👍

They're fast becoming a joke. Ignoring people pulling down statues. Running away from rioters. Dancing and taking a knee in front of protesters.

Happy though, to tell people off for being in their gardens  or going to the Peak District during lock down. Happy to investigate "misgendering" on Twitter.

Not that it's entirely their fault. In many cases they are simply obeying orders from the top brass. 

If you live in London it's probably going to get worse because apparently Sadiq wants to cut £110 million from the Met's budget. Well, I suppose he has to find money for his vanity projects, self publicising exercises and promoting all that diversity from somewhere eh?

33 minutes ago, Mr_Nobody said:

They're fast becoming a joke. Ignoring people pulling down statues. Running away from rioters. Dancing and taking a knee in front of protesters.

Happy though, to tell people off for being in their gardens  or going to the Peak District during lock down. Happy to investigate "misgendering" on Twitter.

Not that it's entirely their fault. In many cases they are simply obeying orders from the top brass. 

If you live in London it's probably going to get worse because apparently Sadiq wants to cut £110 million from the Met's budget. Well, I suppose he has to find money for his vanity projects, self publicising exercises and promoting all that diversity from somewhere eh?

You've got it spot on mate and I'm pleased I don't live in London or for that matter any of big cities, unbelievable that the police running away from thugs and vandals it should be the other way round.

Its not the beat offices that's the problem its what they've been told to do.

More and more incident's are happening daily and the thugs are getting away with it ....happy days for them.