Biodegradable cartridges

54 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

Am I missing something. What is the point of a bi-degradable case if the metal remains. Instead of picking up plastic cases and disposing of them properly, are we supposed to leave these on the floor to degrade over two years - leaving the metal base?

Of course you aren’t meant to leave them on the floor 

but if you inadvertently missed one it’ll be gone in a couple of years unlike the plastic and the metal should rust away 

at least there’s some effort being made by this manufacturer something that needs encouragement 

On 26/06/2020 at 11:40, London Best said:

I don’t know what the base wad was at the bottom of the old paper cased cartridges with Eley ‘Kleena’ wads (biodegradable) but I am pretty sure it wasn’t plastic. It was black and fibrous looking, and all that was left after time was the brass head, later steel. And what do you imagine was used before they invented plastic? I dunno either, but prewar cartridges worked just fine.

Yes,all the techniques and specs were there ,so it should be simple for manufacturers to revert to that product.

8 minutes ago, matone said:

Yes,all the techniques and specs were there ,so it should be simple for manufacturers to revert to that product.

I really wish they would. Plastic is the invention of the devil. In fact, I don’t believe that in the entire history of the World anything made from plastic has ever been any good!

Of course you aren’t meant to leave them on the floor 

but if you inadvertently missed one it’ll be gone in a couple of years unlike the plastic and the metal should rust away 

So they are only any good if you don't bother to pick them up.

• 3 weeks later...
On 28/06/2020 at 15:00, Gordon R said:

Am I missing something. What is the point of a bi-degradable case if the metal remains. Instead of picking up plastic cases and disposing of them properly, are we supposed to leave these on the floor to degrade over two years - leaving the metal base?

I totally agree Gordon I see it all time at the moment folks just ejecting cartridge case all over the place....less face it someone will pick em up.....!   Drives me mad...