Rebecca Long-Bailey Sacked from Shadow Cabinet

TIGHTCHOKE

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting to see what happens after this;

Starmer only appointed her to avoid a split with the left (she was after all, runner up in the leadership contest).  She has abused this and begun to flex her political muscles and push the limits of what he will tolerate by re-tweeting some lefty loony's typical anti Semitism.  She has very probably been pushing the boundaries in ways that haven't made the press - and has now found where the limit is set.

Interesting that some 'old guard' like MacDonnell have rallied to support her and not their leader ........

I am very pleased for everyone that she has gone, the nation is a better place with her distanced from power. 

21 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

I reckon he had been waiting for any excuse to ditch her!

I agree, but also to do it this way sends a strong message. 

13 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

Interesting that some 'old guard' like MacDonnell have rallied to support her and not their leader ........

They too need to be driven out of any mainstream party. They have extreme views and policies and have effectively created a one party state by sabotaging the party that hosts them, parasites. 

3 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

Interesting to see what happens after this;

Starmer only appointed her to avoid a split with the left (she was after all, runner up in the leadership contest).  She has abused this and begun to flex her political muscles and push the limits of what he will tolerate by re-tweeting some lefty loony's typical anti Semitism.  She has very probably been pushing the boundaries in ways that haven't made the press - and has now found where the limit is set.

explain to me someone.....cause im thick................why the "loony left have got such a stiffy on regards anti-semitism".....

7 minutes ago, ditchman said:

explain to me someone.....cause im thick................why the "loony left have got such a stiffy on regards anti-semitism".....

Because the left believe it is the big banking families (Rothschilds, Cazemoves, Lehmans etc.) who control all the funds (capital) and keep the poor in oppressed poverty.  Those families are predominantly Jewish (though I don't think practising Jews).  Jews have over the centuries shown great financial accumen, and been noted (like Shakespere's Shylock) for being financially orientated, and being prosperous (through a combination on hard work and thrift, both of which are hated by the left).

Edited by JohnfromUK

23 minutes ago, ditchman said:

I believe it stems from centuries ago, the Jewish religion prevented Jews from charging interest on loans to other Jews but allowed them to charge non-Jews, in Europe this was predominantly Christians. Thus non-Jews frequently viewed and stereotyped Jews as money lenders who earned money off the work of others. The Nazis exploited this stereotype and the far-left again do so today. It is easy to have a bogeyman. The far left don’t expressly dislike Jews, they just openly dislike people based upon the same stereotypes as used by anti-Semites. I detest the anti-Semitism and pro-Palestinian ideology of the left. I’m not pro-Israel but I can empathise with the situation Israelites are in following the botched creation of a Jewish nation state. In some countries Judaism is considered purely a matrilineal religion, in the UK it is considered a race. I would believe that my young niece and nephew are half Jewish half British, as they descend from American Holocaust escapees and survivors on their father’s side. Most countries would just consider them as half American, half British gentiles. There was a Supreme Court case I The UK relating to selective education that found in favour of Judaism being a race rather than religion. A Jewish architect I employ disagrees with this and I can actually understand and give credit to his rationale.