Magnet battery

I thought I’d buy a very cheap magnet for first time hoping to draw a few more my way I’ve used ones in the past but never actually bought one, it didn’t come with a battery but I have a 12 v 6 moped / mower battery would this be sufficient or do any damage to the system thanks guys

1 minute ago, matone said:

Old battery just died and I bought two 12V 7Ah batteries from the local Electrical Supplies,the first one did 4.5hrs on the magnet which doesn`t seem bad ,although the high temperature no doubt helped!

I also use 12v 7 amp/hr batteries on my flappers and rota. Haven't really timed them, but they do last quite a few hours with plenty of life left in them. I also leave them on trickle chargers when not in use.

I am using 2x 12 volt/12amp hr.  of the type used in disabled chairs. I get them  used, from the local disabled appliance shop who refurbish electric carriages . There is not enough poke  in the battery to run a buggy, but there is enough to last me around 4/5 hours. I buy them at scrap value £5. 

19 hours ago, Westley said:

I am using 2x 12 volt/12amp hr.  of the type used in disabled chairs. I get them  used, from the local disabled appliance shop who refurbish electric carriages . There is not enough poke  in the battery to run a buggy, but there is enough to last me around 4/5 hours. I buy them at scrap value £5. 

Hello, I am sure the disabled chair lift has small 12 volt batteries so plenty of scope to buy second hand Eddy 

30 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, I am sure the disabled chair lift has small 12 volt batteries so plenty of scope to buy second hand Eddy 

Yes, usually two 12 volt, 12 amp hours. I have about 6 of them which I use in rotation to equal their wear and try to make them last longer. I also keep them charged up when not in use.