Can you re use wads??

Recently during shooting over seed fields I decided to pick up used wads when retrieving shot birds just by picking then and putting then in my pocket and holding birds in my hand. I empty my pockets in the hide . The one day I shot 125 shells and picked 100 plus wads. 

The question is can they be reused after a quick wash to remove grit, the wads in question are for steel shells.

Guest cookoff013

modern wads are designed for 2 things, to just about survive the loading process, and to make the load perform on one firing. the skirts are blown, the compression looses flexability, and the the cups tear / rip off. 

dont reload em. they are waste.

Plaswads used for Steel loads tend to be signficantly longer than those used for Lead loads, you're doing a good job by picking them up PC.!

I shoot over arable land that is already heavily polluted with all sorts of plastic waste which is mixed up with the "manure" that Farmers spread on their fields after harvest, they must source it via Local Authority "Green Bin Waste", as it is literally full of all sorts of plastic waste, mainly bottle tops, disposable lighters, biro tubes, shredded plastic bags and all sorts of small plastic fragments that must slip through the screening process.

Cat.