danger hole in the road

islandgun

Its amazing Iv'e seen the results of a localised storm where on one side of a hill, rocks and fences are washed away whilst a few hundred metres away everything is as normal. 

3 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

That would have been nasty in the dark!:w00t:

2 minutes ago, Grandalf said:

Certainly wouldn't do your tyres any good...

brings a whole new meaning to pot holes

Surely, that will only last until the next deluge, seeing as the left half of the road (from the pic) drops down and there doesn't seem to be any reinforcement to hold the road in position. Is it a case of the water  washing the substrate away under the road?  If so, maybe a large concrete pipe will suffice to carry the water away instead of the substrate / soil, etc.

9 hours ago, DoolinDalton said:

Surely, that will only last until the next deluge, seeing as the left half of the road (from the pic) drops down and there doesn't seem to be any reinforcement to hold the road in position. Is it a case of the water  washing the substrate away under the road?  If so, maybe a large concrete pipe will suffice to carry the water away instead of the substrate / soil, etc.

I think they would have put a culvert in

12 minutes ago, Big Mat said:

Very interesting! I like the history of Scotland, hoping to get back up again this year, but up the east this time.

I love the East of Scotland, Fishing villages and towns, arable land with a mountain backdrop and a rocky shore with huge beaches.