Police Scotland declare 'major incident' following reports of multiple stabbings before suspect shot dead

Danger-Mouse

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not a terrorist act?

At a hotel housing asylum seekers

All the usual bull, and standard statements

Shocked and saddened politicians

Lessons will be learnt

Our thoughts with injured

Thanks to our brave emergency services

Flowers will be laid

Candles will be lit

And we will do nothing to send these people home as they have crossed many safe countries to get here

39 minutes ago, GingerCat said:

Arriving in a car with blue flashing lights and sirens normally gives it away. 

But he's not in the car now, so I know what people mean, I get they have just showed up but surely whilst getting out the gun you put something on saying police?

I can well imagine a couple of off duty marines thinking he could be a terrorist. 

1 hour ago, Dougy said:

One day there might, just might be someone in high authority that actually realises that these people they allow into GB really should be fed to the sharks, instead of giving them a free ticket to a land the can only dream of. 

Spot on Dougy, why they keep allowing the dregs in is beyond me. 

Just now, Mice! said:

But he's not in the car now, so I know what people mean, I get they have just showed up but surely whilst getting out the gun you put something on saying police?

Well I can only go on experience based upon 18 years in the police, 99.9% in plain clothes. I've never known it to happen. I've never heard it happening. That included armed ops, surveillance ops, drugs warrants, firearms warrant, general patrol etc etc etc. 

Probably it has happened however when the arrive in a car with blue lights and sirens and approach a crazed man with a knife and challenge said maniac  it would be a stupid member of the public to think they were terrorists as well. Terrorists attacking terrorists perhaps? 

When the pics are taken of him walking down the road the area will be swarming with officers and no public will be able to ask ridiculous questions or "tackle him". 

what next? Perhaps we should critique something else about him? 

I have however knocked on peoples doors in plain clothes and had them call the station to check. It happened once to me and once to a colleague. Both concerned burglaries. Both over 10 years ago. Both times in peckham. 

My criticism is they published his face which may or may not be an issue as the suspect was shot. 

41 minutes ago, GingerCat said:

Well I can only go on experience based upon 18 years in the police, 99.9% in plain clothes. I've never known it to happen. I've never heard it happening. That included armed ops, surveillance ops, drugs warrants, firearms warrant, general patrol etc etc etc. 

Probably it has happened however when the arrive in a car with blue lights and sirens and approach a crazed man with a knife and challenge said maniac  it would be a stupid member of the public to think they were terrorists as well. Terrorists attacking terrorists perhaps? 

When the pics are taken of him walking down the road the area will be swarming with officers and no public will be able to ask ridiculous questions or "tackle him". 

what next? Perhaps we should critique something else about him? 

I have however knocked on peoples doors in plain clothes and had them call the station to check. It happened once to me and once to a colleague. Both concerned burglaries. Both over 10 years ago. Both times in peckham. 

My criticism is they published his face which may or may not be an issue as the suspect was shot. 

That's a good point about his face, I don't want to critique any of the police,  I was just surprised he and others didn't have on something saying POLICE, bad times when this is happening more and more often.

1 hour ago, Mice! said:

I can well imagine a couple of off duty marines thinking he could be a terrorist. 

I take it the marines made it past the outer cordon, past the sea of 999 vehicles and failed to see it was an ongoing incident. Sure, if he was alone wandering down your high street but not today in Glasgow city centre.

Having worked with many ex marines and other services, I have much more faith in our armed services to respond accordingly.

As for one frontal pic where his arm and weapon are partially covering his vest-its a bit damming to say the officer was not wearing a police badge somewhere. I'd wager a few quid he will have been.

As for casual dress-well perhaps he was on plain clothes duties, coming or going on/off duty, training staff or called in from home.

either way its a job well done in my books.

f.

safe_image.png