Police Scotland declare 'major incident' following reports of multiple stabbings before suspect shot dead

Danger-Mouse

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

That's nice of you, maybe he was too busy worrying about saving lives to find his balaclava.

I wonder if you'd be so flippant if it was your family that was at risk.

I am sure he had time if he had wanted, to hide his face. A balaclava  can be worn like a hat and pulled down, nothing  flippant about it. 

High-Quality-Black-Canada-Goose-Hats-Wool-Balaclava-Canada-Goose-Outlet-Online-5126M.jpg

Edited by ordnance

7 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

Police by consent in the uk

Yeah i seen that in Brixton. So no other police force's in Europe can police by consent because they are armed.   :hmm:Are you saying  policing by consent can not happen if the police are armed.  ?

Edited by ordnance

1 hour ago, ordnance said:

I am sure he had time if he had wanted, to hide his face. A balaclava  can be worn like a hat and pulled down, nothing  flippant about it. 

High-Quality-Black-Canada-Goose-Hats-Wool-Balaclava-Canada-Goose-Outlet-Online-5126M.jpg

It can, but I very much doubt he walks around all day with that on his head.

1 hour ago, ordnance said:

Yeah i seen that in Brixton. So no other police force's in Europe can police by consent because they are armed.   :hmm:Are you saying  policing by consent can not happen if the police are armed.  ?

Most people in main land UK don't want to see police routinely armed, although we are starting to see that opinion shift towards armed officers. But until the majority of people want to see it, it won't happen, because like I said, it is enshrined in UK policing that they police by consent.

1 hour ago, 12gauge82 said:

Most people in main land UK don't want to see police routinely armed, although we are starting to see that opinion shift towards armed officers. But until the majority of people want to see it, it won't happen, because like I said, it is enshrined in UK policing that they police by consent.

Just had a quick google.

20200627_182209.jpg.563cff336ef6cda01557cede51e833d8.jpg

If that's the case then it's only the law abiding that agree, people smashing up police cars, throwing things at police horses, going out and stabbing people don't respect anything or anyone.

44 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Just had a quick google.

20200627_182209.jpg.563cff336ef6cda01557cede51e833d8.jpg

If that's the case then it's only the law abiding that agree, people smashing up police cars, throwing things at police horses, going out and stabbing people don't respect anything or anyone.

It of course means the majority of the public, not on an individual basis.

7 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Yes I realise that,  the problem is it's not the majority causing the problems.

I see what your saying, the police have the law on their side to deal with it, however, despite my opinion that the general public want to see it dealt with, I believe the police are hamstrung by the deep state, especially the media who would have a field day with scenes of the riot squad smashing protesters up.

•  

Do the police in Australia and Canada not police by consent, and they are armed.  There are no practical or consent reasons for the police not to be armed just political.   

The Peelian principles summarise the ideas that Sir Robert Peel developed to define an ethical police force. The approach expressed in these principles is commonly known as policing by consent in the United Kingdom and other countries such as Canada, Australia. 

Edited by ordnance

1 minute ago, ordnance said:

Do the police in Australia and Canada not police by consent, and they are armed.  There are no practical or  consent reasons just political.   

I know very little about Australian or Canadian police, I do know however that the majority of the public in the mainland UK don't want to see routinely armed cops, which is a large part of the reason they're not.

1 hour ago, Mr_Nobody said:

From a Sky News report.

The asylum seeker, who came to the United Kingdom six months ago, had been complaining about living conditions in the hotel and was having particular difficulty with noise.

I guess the promised land of milk and honey didn't live up to expectations. 

Hello, it was also mentioned that staff and other asylum seekers in the hotel were warned on his mental health, also could not believe the money given to the company that look after these people on a ten year contract, ! ! !

1 hour ago, 12gauge82 said:

I know very little about Australian or Canadian police, I do know however that the majority of the public in the mainland UK don't want to see routinely armed cops, which is a large part of the reason they're not.

All police powers are imposed not consented by the public, policing by consent sounds good but its meaningless in reality. 

6 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

I give up.

What i said bellow is factual not my opinion,  so i can see why you give up. 

All police powers are imposed not consented by the public, policing by consent sounds good but its meaningless in reality. 

On 26/06/2020 at 20:44, Mice! said:

That's a good point about his face, I don't want to critique any of the police,  I was just surprised he and others didn't have on something saying POLICE, bad times when this is happening more and more often.

I somehow think that IF you had been inside that building, you would not have cared if the Officer turned up stark naked as long as he dealt with the situation. As Ginger cat says, and like him, I have been there and done that, very often you had to wear civilian clothing but wore an armband with POLICE on it...................IF you remembered  !

7 minutes ago, Westley said:

I somehow think that IF you had been inside that building, you would not have cared if the Officer turned up stark naked as long as he dealt with the situation. As Ginger cat says, and like him, I have been there and done that, very often you had to wear civilian clothing but wore an armband with POLICE on it...................IF you remembered  !

It wouldn't have mattered to me if he was dressed as Mr Blobby, I just thought it was odd not having something identifying him as police.

12 minutes ago, ordnance said:

So police powers are not imposed by the government / parliament. 

Yes, however, as a police officer, the law allows them all to be armed, they're not routinely armed not due to an act of parliament, but largely due to public consent and probably most chief constables view that they do not believe it necessary, they're not.

46 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Yes, however, as a police officer, the law allows them all to be armed, they're not routinely armed not due to an act of parliament, but largely due to public consent and probably most chief constables view that they do not believe it necessary, they're not.

Yes, they might think differently if they were on the front line.

The senior Scotland Yard officer who locked himself in his car during the Westminster terror attack is due to retire within weeks, as pressure mounts on the police watchdog to investigate his conduct.

17 minutes ago, Pistol p said:

Badreddin abadlla adam. Yup, that’s about what I expected. Didn’t think it would be Ethel smith from Yeovil or George Cooper from Kendall.

Ssssshhhhh, you're not allowed to tell the truth .

39 minutes ago, Pistol p said:

Badreddin abadlla adam. Yup, that’s about what I expected. Didn’t think it would be Ethel smith from Yeovil or George Cooper from Kendall.

Not so long ago there were 2 white British males both recently released from prison for killing pensioners. Together they abducted a young woman, tortured her then finally put her into her car before pouring petrol on her and setting her on fire.

It just goes to show you don't need to be an immigrant to commit terrible crimes, but it does show that you do need to be an immigrant for the public to be outraged.