Driving in this heat.

fatchap

I worked in scrap yards for 35 years breaking engines of any description with sledgehammer  and dirty big crow bar on piece work if it rained we got wet if the sun was to hot we got sun burn tough if we didn’t work we didn’t get payed unless you have been in that position don’t mone.

3 hours ago, Dougy said:

I look after my team, as best as i can under these conditions, i offered to buy them all a 3/4 ltr flask for cool drinks, squash, sort out air-con whenever i can. 

Why be a bully boss, there's more of them than me, its always easier to be nice, and more productive.  

Is the correct answer.

I don't get some employers attitudes. They think by pinching a few hundred quid, they'll make more, what they don't seem to fathom is what drives a company is it's employees, a happy employee will work twice as hard for a good employer, who will give more back, who gets more back and so it goes on.

As far as I'm aware there are no upper temp limits ,I used to run 3 powder coating plants and the 3 open ovens where at 210*c.

Great in winter but not in summer all we could so was offer extra breaks and plenty of cold drinks.

1 hour ago, mad1 said:

As far as I'm aware there are no upper temp limits ,I used to run 3 powder coating plants and the 3 open ovens where at 210*c.

Great in winter but not in summer all we could so was offer extra breaks and plenty of cold drinks.

Absolutely true. The Factories Act specified a lower temperature limit, but no upper temp.

Almost impossible to police in the foundry, steel mills and enamelling industries. 

My uncle, a Sheffield rolling mill foreman, would drink 8 pints of ale at lunchtime on a regular basis to counteract dehydration

U should trying pushing a chainsaw all day in full PPE, finishing a job off so in direct sun all day.

Sometimes not so bad in the shade of trees.

Think drank 4 litres of water in Fri and never peed once all day.

Best thing is sticking ur juice/water bottles in freezer over night, usually do 1 half full and another almost full and top up in morning.

Nothing worse than freezing both full when u need a drink early in morning and no thawed water

Only thing is gets ur piece bag wet with all the condensation on outside of bottles.

On 26/06/2020 at 19:02, fatchap said:

I have worked for quite a few companies, even had my own business couriering, but in all my working life I have never worked for someone as ruthless as this boss. 

As a business man you can't fault him, brought the business up from nothing to the multi million pound concern it is today. But as a manager he is a dinosaur. Talking to to staff like he does you could just get away with in the 70's/80's.

A few months ago before Lockdown, he was not happy with the way I had loaded my van. he commented that loading a van is not rocket science and doesn't expect me to be brains of Britain after all your JUST A DRIVER. he wasn't best pleased when I told him that I have City and Guilds in Precision Engineering, Grinding, tool making and CNC setter. His reply was what has that got to do with delivering compressors? Not much use to you here is it?

Like I say not a great with people skills.

Sounds like you are working for an evil version of David Brent!

On 26/06/2020 at 21:17, mel b3 said:

Remember that if you have any kind of heat related  incident while you're driving , that as the driver ,  you're responsible. It's cack , but it's the way that it is 👍.

Depends, there is corporate manslaughter legislation which could come into play, and thats squitty bum time for the boss (unlimited fine, accidental holiday)

7 hours ago, Jaymo said:

Surely it’s 4 nails?

A lot of images of the crucifixion show a single nail through the feet/legs. No reason to be wasteful.

5bb7e4d02200004301dd2fc2.jpeg?ops=scalef

Triclavianism is the belief that three nails were used to crucify Jesus Christ. The exact number of Holy Nails has been a matter of theological debate for centuries.

Edited by Danger-Mouse

1 hour ago, Mr_Nobody said:

A lot of images of the crucifixion show a single nail through the feet/legs. No reason to be wasteful.

5bb7e4d02200004301dd2fc2.jpeg?ops=scalef

Triclavianism is the belief that three nails were used to crucify Jesus Christ. The exact number of Holy Nails has been a matter of theological debate for centuries.

Which reminds me Pontus pilot never paid me for the nails and I don’t think he gave ditchman back his hammer 🤔