Bee Suit

gmm243

Evening all,

My 12 year old son has been showing signs of becoming a beekeeper.My Dad has kept bees for over 70 years and is keen to show him the ropes.Yesterday we caught a great swarm and I now have them hived safely.

I was wondering if anyone had a child bees suit they would like to sell.I know you can get them online but thought I would ask around before I buy new.He is a strong lad but am not sure that the first few stings won't put him off for life!

Thanks,

Gavin. 

Thank you for the quick response and advice.

I was trying to get him down the boiler suit route but thought I would ask just in case there was one lying unused somewhere.His younger brother has already said he only need a veil and gloves as he will be using his John Deere boiler suit (Handed down by his brother).

I hope he will stick at it,he has been fairly obsessive with his other hobbies (Shooting,fishing and rugby) so I suspect this might go the same way but the first few stings will be telling.It has made my Dads say to be able to teach him about bees as well after teaching him to shoot and fish.