Take them on

scouser

IIf all of our sporting organisations are afraid of taking on NJ in case it costs them money ( heaven forbid) their must be enough of us to do a crowd funding to take them on , the same when it comes to chief constabulary when it comes to medical reports,  I,m fed up every time some no mark tele celeb spouts off about how evil we are, i,ll be the first to put my money where my mouth is.

That's sounds like a good idea Scouse, Maybe we should try and get WAGBI going again, when it all amalgamated into one organisation a lot of Wildfowlers did say it would be the down fall of Wildfowling in this country, it sounds like to me this is what is happening, just a matter of time getting there.

Or maybe we should push BASC a bit harder. After all it is are money that pays there Wages. 

1 minute ago, bottletopbill said:

Let us all be honest our many  of us really do pester our shooting organisation to do more for us . Should not be one or two but thousands should. Perhaps they make take notice if we are behind them pushing. BASC as helped me in the past .

I pestered BASC to the point they admitted there was nothing they could do, so I left and joined the NGO. I won't be renewing with the them in August as they simply stopped replying to my emails regarding the technicalities of the voluntary fazing out of lead shot. I'm going Gunplan I think; a similar level of a lack of representation but for half the price. 

16 hours ago, scouser said:

IIf all of our sporting organisations are afraid of taking on NJ in case it costs them money ( heaven forbid) their must be enough of us to do a crowd funding to take them on , the same when it comes to chief constabulary when it comes to medical reports,  I,m fed up every time some no mark tele celeb spouts off about how evil we are, i,ll be the first to put my money where my mouth is.

All you need is a zimmer and a row of medles, loads a money 🤑

I treated myself to CCC with some of my birthday money, early days yet but they seen to be offering everything basc is at nearly 1/3 of the price.

Regards to the original post, if we all put a couple quid in I'm sure it wouldn't take long to add up. Just means everyone getting involved, not being left to those who shoot game etc.

How will crowd funding take on Wild Justice?   They are taking the government to court, not shooters or shooting organisations.  The shooting organisations just cannot take Wild Justice to court without a valid reason, neither can the goverment. If the time ever comes when there is potential to get WJ in court (but I think they are too clever for that), then I suspect millions could be raised from the shooting fraternity at short notice to cover all costs. But we need the opportunity to get ‘our’ day in court. 

15 hours ago, scolopax said:

How will crowd funding take on Wild Justice?   They are taking the government to court, not shooters or shooting organisations.  The shooting organisations just cannot take Wild Justice to court without a valid reason, neither can the goverment. If the time ever comes when there is potential to get WJ in court (but I think they are too clever for that), then I suspect millions could be raised from the shooting fraternity at short notice to cover all costs. But we need the opportunity to get ‘our’ day in court. 

You are probably right about getting them into court. As far as I can see your main options would be slander or libel issues, both of which look very tricky to pursue. I know it has been done to death already but if everyone deserts BASC et al, how long does anyone think shooting will carry on in any meaningful form? Crowdfunding is a great idea but it still needs someone with the right connections to coordinate our actions. Our orgs may not have lived up to everyone's expectations in the recent past but they are better than nothing at all. Having said that, they are going to need their "A" game with the levels of misinformation out there being spouted by the anti's. Shooting organisations: Challenge accepted?

On 27/06/2020 at 00:47, scouser said:

To do what exactly? 

On 27/06/2020 at 17:24, Scully said:

I pestered BASC to the point they admitted there was nothing they could do, so I left and joined the NGO. I won't be renewing with the them in August as they simply stopped replying to my emails regarding the technicalities of the voluntary fazing out of lead shot. I'm going Gunplan I think; a similar level of a lack of representation but for half the price. 

Do you think there might be bigger issues in play here? 

6 hours ago, oowee said:

Do you think there might be bigger issues in play here? 

Possibly, who knows? My personal bugbear with the NGO stance was their unwillingness to class lead based rifle ammo in the same manner as lead shot simply because there was no suitable alternative. I see that in a recent email from them sales and interest in shot venison has died to the extent some dealers are telling stalkers not to bring them any. Whether it has anything to do with lead based ammo I have no idea as I'm not really that interested. 

I do know however,  that survival of the organisation is paramount above anything else.