IR

Douburr

****firstly sorry if this in the wrong section *****

I am about to buy the pard 008 LRF and not wanting to get it wrong and have to re buy !! My question is for clarity and distance WHAT is the best IR for this night vision kit . Many Thanks 

Any of the lasers, there isnt a lot between them , Solaris, Sirius, PBIR l , I use a wraith , that comes with 2 different lens's.
Adjustable mount helps, but you can get round it tape and a bit of ingenuity .

Unless youre wanting to shoot at 500 yards , any of these will shine further than you need on spot.

2 minutes ago, Douburr said:

****firstly sorry if this in the wrong section *****

I am about to buy the pard 008 LRF and not wanting to get it wrong and have to re buy !! My question is for clarity and distance WHAT is the best IR for this night vision kit . Many Thanks 

There are many good quality IR torches out there that don't cost a fortune. Personally, I use a Solaris SRX with my 007 and 019 spotter. This allows me to see at distance well over 400+ yards. It depends on what you want to shoot, ie   you won't need one too powerful for rats or rabbits.

30 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Any of the lasers, there isnt a lot between them , Solaris, Sirius, PBIR l , I use a wraith , that comes with 2 different lens's.
Adjustable mount helps, but you can get round it tape and a bit of ingenuity .

Unless youre wanting to shoot at 500 yards , any of these will shine further than you need on spot.

I was thinking of getting the tracer adjustable torch mount ( bit like a ball joint method ??) because it’s sometimes hard to have the IR in line with the line of view ??

4 minutes ago, Douburr said:

Looking to use it more for fox’s 

Then I would say you won't go far wrong with a Solaris SRX with the variable dimmer. As mentioned, I have tried quite a few top end IR's and in my opinion the SRX is about the best. Plus a five year warranty as well. 

2 minutes ago, Douburr said:

I was thinking of getting the tracer adjustable torch mount ( bit like a ball joint method ??) because it’s sometimes hard to have the IR in line with the line of view ??

The Clulite A63 mounting kit is a fantastic bit of kit. I have been using one for many years with various IR & standard torches.

Hello, I have used many I/R torches over the years, remember the 501 b ? Cannot say much about those mentioned but out to 250 yards my L L TR 38 on the CZ 455 and Mk 1 photon is good, I did buy a second hand one off here but cannot remember model ? The older version by Ian sorrel ? Ir lightbuilds ,  3 modes, I was going to put this on a Photon X T , what difference are the laser I/Rs ?   Steve b that must make your 019 do 250 plus yards ?

30 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, I have used many I/R torches over the years, remember the 501 b ? Cannot say much about those mentioned but out to 250 yards my L L TR 38 on the CZ 455 and Mk 1 photon is good, I did buy a second hand one off here but cannot remember model ? The older version by Ian sorrel ? Ir lightbuilds ,  3 modes, I was going to put this on a Photon X T , what difference are the laser I/Rs ?   Steve b that must make your 019 do 250 plus yards ?

Well, I'm viewing tree tops at a known range of 400+ yards, but only in perfect weather conditions.

3 hours ago, steve_b_wales said:

As mentioned, it was a perfectly dark night, no mist/fog etc. And the tree tops are slightly blurred, but I was pointing out just how good the Solaris SRX is. 

Sorry guys so where are we with reference what is the best IR for a pard 008 because I Suppose I need a laser Model for this scope ?? I’m told the more light you throw at these scopes the better. ???

1 minute ago, Douburr said:

Sorry guys so where are we with reference what is the best IR for a pard 008 because I Suppose I need a laser Model for this scope ?? I’m told the more light you throw at these scopes the better. ???

Well going by the success I had with my PARD 007, I would suggest a Solaris SRX. Not the cheapest, but, by far, the best.

I’m getting the impression it’s between the SRX or the black ruby Dark engine?? What about the wraith Ir 

1 minute ago, steve_b_wales said:

Well going by the success I had with my PARD 007, I would suggest a Solaris SRX. Not the cheapest, but, by far, the best.

Ok thanks for the information it sounds the favourite I’m obviously open to views / experience you guys have I only want to buy the one 🤙

22 hours ago, Douburr said:

I’m getting the impression it’s between the SRX or the black ruby Dark engine?? What about the wraith Ir 

From what I can gather there are no Solaris 's about , the Black ruby will mean dealing with Clive Ward , who will tell you he has stock , but doesnt really, then ignore you while you try to get refunded.
I have the Wraith, and think its the Bees , but Im not sure if Ludicrous has stock, best drop them a line, get both lens's if I was you.

It has built in dimmer like the Solaris too.

3 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Wraiths are out of stock too Paul.

Looks like it’s back to lamping it for a whiles 😂😂 thanks for all the valuable information guys and I will write a update when i get one but it maybe a while because of stock issues. Thanks again 🤙🤙🤙

On 29/06/2020 at 16:27, Douburr said:

Looks like it’s back to lamping it for a whiles 😂😂 thanks for all the valuable information guys and I will write a update when i get one but it maybe a while because of stock issues. Thanks again 🤙🤙🤙

Hello, what have you decided to buy, ? 

On 28/06/2020 at 08:50, oldypigeonpopper said:

My 501b is a grown up compact LasIR now. :)

501b.JPG.5e7aadd4760e9b7f7099b69a482b191c.JPG

11 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, what have you decided to buy, ? 

To be honest I’m still torn between A few of them ? one the Dragonfly IR as two of my mates have them and they are either too tight to buy something new / better or they are as good as they say They are ? And also Two others the wraith and the Solaris SRX ???  But what isn’t helping is that there out of stock  So I’m told ? So though I’ve had some great advice it seems I can’t one at the moment because of stock issues...