IR

Douburr

25 minutes ago, Douburr said:

To be honest I’m still torn between A few of them ? one the Dragonfly IR as two of my mates have them and they are either too tight to buy something new / better or they are as good as they say They are ? And also Two others the wraith and the Solaris SRX   But what isn’t helping is that there out of stock  So I’m told ? So though I’ve had some great advice it seems I can’t one at the moment because of stock issues... 

Hello, yes it seems the SRX are out of stock on lots of web sites, 500 yards is a long way for any I/R torch and night vision, I use a pard 019 N/V spotter and TR I/R torch can do 250 yards on my photon

42 minutes ago, Douburr said:

To be honest I’m still torn between A few of them ? one the Dragonfly IR as two of my mates have them and they are either too tight to buy something new / better or they are as good as they say They are ? And also Two others the wraith and the Solaris SRX   But what isn’t helping is that there out of stock  So I’m told ? So though I’ve had some great advice it seems I can’t one at the moment because of stock issues... 

IR light builds sirius laser with the dark centre spot removed is the best you can get. Far better than the Solaris for the same price. Ian is demonstrating it on FB lighting a hill side at 2000 yds. The downside with all the hard driven NV units (pards / photons) is the laser strength you need to get range is off putting with a wary target when closer in. No problem at distance or with a fresh target. He is shipping them now. 

On my drone I am using an LED IR from Ian and it's giving me 600 yds, on my Ward it will give me 300, and I keep shooting below 200. Its bright enough and much less likely to spook stuff. 

Edited by oowee

Hello, it would make an interesting post if we had a list of different I/R torches to compare 

2 minutes ago, oowee said:

IR light builds sirius laser with the dark centre spot removed is the best you can get. Far better than the Solaris for the same price. Ian is demonstrating it on FB lighting a hill side at 2000 yds. The downside with all the hard driven NV units (pards / photons) is the laser strength you need to get range is off putting with a wary target when closer in. No problem at distance or with a fresh target. He is shipping them now. 

On my drone I am using an LED IR from Ian and it's giving me 600 yds, on my Ward it will give me 300, and I keep shooting below 200. Its bright enough and much less likely to spook stuff. 

Hello, I have one of Ian's XTs what is this laser or Led ?

4 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, it would make an interesting post if we had a list of different I/R torches to compare 

Yes I think that would be very helpful as there are now so many, a mate of mine who has replied to this thread has recently purchased a new IR and is now not sure if it is the right one he needs for the pard so may have to get another one

6 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, do you buy the laser led Dave, ?

I bought a small batch of the diodes but I'm getting mixed results and don't intend to supply them for both that reason - and the issues about the questioned legality of selling lasers, be they correct or not at this time.

If anyone decides to go down this route they can be made with three power modes and the camera lens iris acts as a dimmer. Its easily doing over 500 yards on tight beam and full power so I generally use it on medium setting. I don't use it for the range - which is totally unreal but because the beam has no spill, it can't be seen off axis in the way that LED illuminators with aspheric lenses can, and the fact I can 'soft start' it by turning it on with the iris closed then slowly open it as needed. 

I have long been aware how the rapid strike up of LED (and now laser) light gives a more powerful slap in the face to quarry than the slower strike up of filament lamps we used years go, particularly since I rather liked the dimmer start up of the old Atom Pro.

Edited by Dave-G

2 hours ago, Dave-G said:

I bought a small batch of the diodes but I'm getting mixed results and don't intend to supply them for both that reason - and the issues about the questioned legality of selling lasers, be they correct or not at this time.

If anyone decides to go down this route they can be made with three power modes and the camera lens iris acts as a dimmer. Its easily doing over 500 yards on tight beam and full power so I generally use it on medium setting. I don't use it for the range - which is totally unreal but because the beam has no spill, it can't be seen off axis in the way that LED illuminators with aspheric lenses can, and the fact I can 'soft start' it by turning it on with the iris closed then slowly open it as needed. 

I have long been aware how the rapid strike up of LED (and now laser) light gives a more powerful slap in the face to quarry than the slower strike up of filament lamps we used years go, particularly since I rather liked the dimmer start up of the old Atom Pro.

Thanks that’s interesting . 

9 hours ago, ant.mass said:

the best thing out there is Ian sirius XTL laser

Yes owee said the same I’ll check them out 🤙🤙

9 hours ago, ant.mass said:

the best thing out there is Ian sirius XTL laser

Hi ant .mass thanks for the information but I’ve just gone on the web page for these IR ‘s and I want mine for a dedicated scope and the information says it’s for rear add on’s like 007 ? I’m looking to put it on a 008 lrf . Cheers 

17 hours ago, Douburr said:

Hi ant .mass thanks for the information but I’ve just gone on the web page for these IR ‘s and I want mine for a dedicated scope and the information says it’s for rear add on’s like 007 ? I’m looking to put it on a 008 lrf . Cheers 

As I said , not a lot to pick between them, if I had to pick one that MAYBE had a bit more power, I would probably say the Sirius.
But the Sirius lacks a dimmer, or even a low mode, so there could be situations where you 'white out' the target, the answer of course is to open up the beam....
Having a rotary dimmer is a nice edition, and Im not sure why Ian hasnt incorporated this into his excellent torches.

On 02/07/2020 at 11:29, Rewulf said:

As I said , not a lot to pick between them, if I had to pick one that MAYBE had a bit more power, I would probably say the Sirius.
But the Sirius lacks a dimmer, or even a low mode, so there could be situations where you 'white out' the target, the answer of course is to open up the beam....
Having a rotary dimmer is a nice edition, and Im not sure why Ian hasnt incorporated this into his excellent torches.

Hello, a lot of people forget you can have to much infra red hence the white out terminology,