Eureka

1 hour ago, lancer425 said:

Two decades and counting. and the lead shot waterfowl debate still rages. It has to be a record. Never has so much fuss been made over something so trivial as a shot media. just move on 1/3 of my life watching such debate is growing old.

Gordon Bennett! During the couple of years that I hopefully have left I hope nothing that you consider serious comes along.

6 hours ago, lancer425 said:

Two decades and counting. and the lead shot waterfowl debate still rages. It has to be a record. Never has so much fuss been made over something so trivial as a shot media. just move on 1/3 of my life watching such debate is growing old.

Oh, I'm not so sure. In terms of longevity the "all at 6s and 7s" debate has the NTS situation beaten hands down.

15 hours ago, Scully said:

It may be regarded as ‘unsafe data’ but it didn’t stop BASC from linking to it in this very forum , as part of evidence for the lethality of ingested lead shot on wildfowl during the lead shot debate when shifty Swifty chaired the LAG. 
I have no problems with steel shot and all my guns are capable of using it, proved for it or not. 
Would your link refer to Deborah Pain of the Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust by any chance? So that’ll be a totally unbiased and agenda free approach then won’t it? 

Ms Pain was one of 3 authors the others not from the WWT . They draw information from dozens of papers by many other researchers most of whome have nothing to do with the WWT.  another link https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/2716116/ if you do not like Ms Pains joint paper. 

13 hours ago, scarecrow243 said:

put it this way go to a tidal river put steel shot bismuth shot lead shot in 1lb  piles  on the silt  come back after the tide goes out the lead shot will sink deeper than the other shot  its all about money buy dearer cartridges new guns etc etc etc

It has nothing to do with money ( steel shells can be found cheaper than many similar lead shells, its to do with the birds welfare.

On 28/06/2020 at 17:22, scarecrow243 said:

they fed mallard ducks with corn and lead shot to see if the outcome was fatal is was not this was years ago i wish i could find the info to show these so called bird savers ps i am sure it was something to do with them the lead testing on the ducks

What you said wha true in a few studies where it was needed to know what dosage was fatal. One pellet was found to be enough to kill a mallard. But most studies are of  ducks naturaly picking up lead pellets from water or are of wild birds finding lead in their habitat