chrisjpainter

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

That is typical of the RSPB they all go clammering around to say they have seen such and such, causing untold disturbance, then have the gaul to tell us real countrymen and women how to run the countryside.

Just read another piece in the Telegraph, they believe it flew up here from the French Alps. 

Clever birds.  When we hunted out in Texas there wouldn't be one in sight until you fired a shot and then the sky was full waiting for the gralloch.

• 2 weeks later...

Heard other day the vulture made a brief appearance in Suffolk but was kept quiet. Fella that do my scaffolding got pics of it being mobbed by crows at Hoxne. . . . . . Been a good year for rareities. I have seen and heard two birds i had never even heard of before let alone knew they visited the UK. A Blyth's Reed Warbler, locally earlier in the year and last week a Rustic Bunting on Dunwich beach that at first i thought a female brambling. The former very hard to ID. As looks like a lot of other LBJ's and a mimic of other bird song. Been amazed at the obsessive behaviour of some birders/twitchers who couldn't get on reserves continually harassing birds and trespassing just to get there tick and pics.           NB