40 gr Vmax .22 hornet

Easy Bully

Might be a long shot but has anyone got some 40gr vmax for the .22 hornet (.224) ? 
Am currently loading 35gr for my 527 American but wanted to try the 40gr without ordering a box of 100.

I have ordered a box of Sierra 40grain Sp  for comparison.

Thanks for looking.

On 30/06/2020 at 08:05, steve_b_wales said:

I may have some, I'll check later. 

No problem, I’ve bought another box of 35gr from Reloading Solutions, they work so will stick with them. Was just going to try a comparison at distance. 
Thanks again for taking the time to look. 
Rob

1 hour ago, Easy Bully said:

No problem, I’ve bought another box of 35gr from Reloading Solutions, they work so will stick with them. Was just going to try a comparison at distance. 
Thanks again for taking the time to look. 
Rob

I now use 50g In mine so no problems. The long range performance of the 35g V Max is well documented on here. In short, it's a disaster - its BC will give you a clue. The calibre is traditionally associated with 45g and the Hornady Hornet tends to reflect why.

51 minutes ago, wymberley said:

I now use 50g In mine so no problems. The long range performance of the 35g V Max is well documented on here. In short, it's a disaster - its BC will give you a clue. The calibre is traditionally associated with 45g and the Hornady Hornet tends to reflect why.

I’ve had success with the Sierra 45gr SP but they were out of stock 😣

2 hours ago, FreshFace said:

I’ve got some if you still need some, .224” Vmax

145 no.

and

240 no. Moly 

Are you single loading? I tried the bob sled but the round was catching on the chamber edge 🤔 and  I’ve just read that you shouldn’t  single fed by dropping a round in the chamber.....would like a Calhoon sled but can’t find one. 
may have to sort the single feed problem before trying the 40gr Vmax 

Edited by Easy Bully