.25 cal hybrids

Ultrastu

Got my first box today and decides to try them in the fx wildcat ..it was super duper windy today .so set up in a barn at 35 yds .i didnt expect great things as this is a mk1 wc.with a smooth twist BARREL  ,no liners here  

First 8 pellets made this hole  to say im pleased and very pleasantly suprised is an understatement. 

Those are 10 x15 mm " circles " so id say thats an easy 1/2 inch group at 35 yds .

They shot at 830 ish fps over the chrono for 40 fpe  (a bit lower in energy and 50 fps slower than jsb kings  ) 

Looking forward to a longer range test without a hurricane blowing  .

IMG_20200628_211519.jpg

IMG_20200628_211550.jpg

IMG_20200628_211623.jpg

On Sun Jun 28 2020 at 23:41, Mice! said:

Nothing wrong with that Stu, so long as they perform at range.

It's a fair hollow point, doesn't look like they should be stable or fast having such a large part missing,  but I bet they expand well?

I hope they do expand .maybe i will have to shoot  a few into some ballistic mediums .

Clay . Gel .fruit.  etc .

Meat 

5 hours ago, figgy said:

Villaman have you tried the other size in the hybrids? .217 or .216 whichever way round you tried. Could make all the difference.

@Longbower said he used some on squirrels a few weeks back and was impressed,  but I've no idea on the range.

1 hour ago, Ultrastu said:

I hope they do expand .maybe i will have to shoot  a few into some ballistic mediums .

Clay . Gel .fruit.  etc .

Meat 

Freeze some squirrels? And don't forget onions and potatoes 😉

I don’t care what size they do , I am not paying £15 per hundred ,when H&N slugs work out at £11 per 200 and with in 25 mm group at 100 yards and taken 100’s of  rabbits at 100+ yards with them . 
iI can buy 150 rounds of .22lr ammo cheaper than the over rated , over priced, over hyped FX slugs, in fact they don’t even make them but got into bed with ratsniper in the states 

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/07/2020 at 19:03, villaman said:

I don’t care what size they do , I am not paying £15 per hundred ,when H&N slugs work out at £11 per 200 and with in 25 mm group at 100 yards and taken 100’s of  rabbits at 100+ yards with them . 
iI can buy 150 rounds of .22lr ammo cheaper than the over rated , over priced, over hyped FX slugs, in fact they don’t even make them but got into bed with ratsniper in the states 

Don’t mince your words vm😂😂😂😂😂

As you say, more money than decent.22 rimfire ammo. How does that add up🤔

I did more tests on a calmer day out to 120 yds .the jsb kings beat the hybrids for accuracy at all ranges .

The slugs did drop less but the group sizes were larger .the kings driffed more in the wind but it was predictable .

I will be sticking with pellets in my gun .