SX2 Problem

gustav

A problem has come to light with a recently acquired Winchester sx2. On the clay shooting ground with two cartridge loaded it functions perfectly. However when taken pigeon shooting recently it was discovered that with 3 cartridges loaded  [ one in the chamber and two in the magazine ] it would not function properly. Having discharged the first cartridge the second cartridge fails to chamber because the third gets its nose out of the magazine and jams the loading gate. The gun would appear to be in first class condition being very little used and looking as good as new.
Help please, any and all informed practical advice would be much appreciated. 
Many thanks, Alan.

I don't know if its the same, but look at the loading port to the mag. On my sxp a tiny (and I mean small) part of the magazine broke, which (and I have no way of explaining it as I'm not 100% on the name of internals) which allowed the lifter up only a few mill which caused the second cart to always jam. It would push in fine and hold, but when you reloaded it would jam everytime. 

Also have you swapped carts? Mine didn't like 65-67mm or big brass. 

And I'm aware mine was a pump and yours a semi, but i suspect they might have used the same materials 

Best of luck 

Edited by strimmer_13

44 minutes ago, strimmer_13 said:

I don't know if its the same, but look at the loading port to the mag. On my sxp a tiny (and I mean small) part of the magazine broke, which (and I have no way of explaining it as I'm not 100% on the name of internals) which allowed the lifter up only a few mill which caused the second cart to always jam. It would push in fine and hold, but when you reloaded it would jam everytime. 

Also have you swapped carts? Mine didn't like 65-67mm or big brass. 

And I'm aware mine was a pump and yours a semi, but i suspect they might have used the same materials 

Best of luck 

Strange what they like int it, my sxp used to cycle comp x no problem. Mine was the 3.5 waterfowl one.