Bad tempered Rfd's

I have run my own business and fully understand the full blown morons that you get on emails asking you stupid questions! But I've emailed a couple of RFD's recently and the responses I've had off several are positively rude. Quite often they've put an advert on Guntrader with 2 awful photos and no description or no photos and an awful description. I sent a message today about a rifle 6 hours away. No photos and a risky description but it was the right sort of money. I asked to see some photos or a quick video just to see the rifle and if he'd shot it and knew how it groups. In the description it mentioned some small pitting in the barrel from moderator wear. You'd have think I'd have asked to see a video of his mum and sister wrestling naked in a vat of jelly. If after two or three emails I was clearly a time waster then a bit of short shrift would be fine but to reply to the first message as happened today then I won't be buying any gun from them. 

I've lost count of the times I've emailed and left messages to RFD's to not have gotten a response. I did try contacting one regarding an 1897 Winchester, ideally to see whether they could source one or not and didn't get a response.

Been into shops on more than one occasion after something specific, the last time happened to be cartridges, only to be told what I 'need'. 

Time to walk away and give your money to someone who’ll appreciate it ,I’ve had the same with bike dealers what they seem to forget is the business they’ll be loosing in the future ie bike will need services and all the add ons associated with it your gun will need ammo possibly a new scope ,slip etc 

4 hours ago, scarecrow243 said:

Hi i dont blame you for being annoyed  a reply is not hard to do  but when you think about it if you are selling anything the amount of time wasters  you get your self     so yes its  better to visit a shop and see for your self if its any good

I completely understand why they're grumpy, I used to deal with Horsey women who are much worse than shooters for asking brain dead questions but I was always polite initially. 

2 hours ago, Benthejockey said:

I completely understand why they're grumpy, I used to deal with Horsey women who are much worse than shooters for asking brain dead questions but I was always polite initially. 

There not all like that, (Mrs dougy is very polite and only asks me really silly questions, like why wont the toaster work, when its not even plugged in ) but i know where your coming from. 

I emailed one the other day with some basic questions about a shotgun they were selling, didn’t even bother to reply. 

As you say, put up 2 pics, no information about the gun, no info about the chokes it comes with etc etc. 

Their loss, was going to spend £700. 

During lockdown (months ago) I emailed two rfd’s with questions about a couple of 303 Beretta’s they had up for sale, I still haven’t heard back. As for decent pictures or any at all, don’t even go there, it’s like they have no wish to shift their stock. 

12 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Simple, he does not need your business.

Don't give him any!

Yep, on the button. I have one or two well know gunstores I will no longer spend my money in because of similar rude responses.

My local store is brilliant and there is a call..."Want a coffee?" ... almost before you approach the counter. 

2 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Yep, on the button. I have one or two well know gunstores I will no longer spend my money in because of similar rude responses.

My local store is brilliant and there is a call..."Want a coffee?" ... almost before you approach the counter. 

my gunsmith is like that........he closes at 3 on a friday.....then opens up again at 6 to 9 in the evening so folk can stock up on shells and pick their guns up before saturday have a coffee and talk utter squit for 3 hours and come out of the shop with stuff you never even thought of buying...:lol:

the workroom where the smithing is done is part of the shop which makes it very interesting

Edited by ditchman

19 minutes ago, ditchman said:

my gunsmith is like that........he closes at 3 on a friday.....then opens up again at 6 to 9 in the evening so folk can stock up on shells and pick their guns up before saturday have a coffee and talk utter squit for 3 hours and come out of the shop with stuff you never even thought of buying...:lol:

the workroom where the smithing is done is part of the shop which makes it very interesting

Tilney's?

3 hours ago, Farmboy91 said:

Tilney's?

As Ditchy said, he`s never open.

Every time I`m in Suffolk I make a point of going to Beccles as his shop does look the sort of place to have a browse, but have yet to get beyond looking through the window.

One day maybe :whistling:

34 minutes ago, ditchman said:

that wassock tilney is never open.............he is always off doing something...............

i was talking about Richardsons ....Halesworth....Leon...........you ever been there ?

😂

I'm a big fan of Richardson's, always try and make a point of going in whenever I go up to high lodge, been over a year since I've been in there though.

Brought my lads air gun from them and get my Victory cartridges there too.

5 minutes ago, Old Boggy said:

As Ditchy said, he`s never open.

Every time I`m in Suffolk I make a point of going to Beccles as his shop does look the sort of place to have a browse, but have yet to get beyond looking through the window.

One day maybe 

I called him last time I was that way as I've never been in. I said are you open today, he said 'no, I'm shooting this afternoon' so I said 'ok fair enough, thanks anyway' sorta thing, then as I was about to hang up he then said, 'what would you rather do, shoot or work!'

It wasn't even a question more like a statement 😂