Bad tempered Rfd's

You'd have think I'd have asked to see a video of his mum and sister wrestling naked in a vat of jelly.

If it's the bloke I think it is...up North...they do. And in their day job throttle hoggets to death, two at a time, one in each hand, in the local abbatoir when the stun machine is down for service.

Edited by enfieldspares

23 hours ago, Benthejockey said:

and the responses I've had off several are positively rude. 

Start of last year I was in an RFD not far from where you and I both live. My friend was after a 525 as his first gun along with slip, glasses, vest, cap etc. We were chatting to the bloke behind the counter trying to get my buddy a nice deal, not rob the RFD, but perhaps get him to throw something into the package. Two blokes walked in and went to look at the perazzi stand, the dealer literally walked off in mid conversation and left us stood at the counter like a couple of fools. Goodbye, money spent elsewhere!

On a separate note I have been dealing with Shooting Sports UK on the A5 of late, just down the road from Weston park. Couple of young chaps run the place, can’t do enough for the customer, excellent service if you happen to drive past👍

9 hours ago, ditchman said:

my gunsmith is like that........he closes at 3 on a friday.....then opens up again at 6 to 9 in the evening so folk can stock up on shells and pick their guns up before saturday have a coffee and talk utter squit for 3 hours and come out of the shop with stuff you never even thought of buying...

the workroom where the smithing is done is part of the shop which makes it very interesting

Hello, sounds a good gunsmith and shop, nothing like that around here

Just now, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, sounds a good gunsmith and shop, nothing like that around here

its run by leon and his brother and his brothers son who does the computor stuff and parts and ammo..........

as ive said before it is the only place /shop i have ever been to where you can have a conversation or 3 different conversations with 3 people all at the same time............and when you come out of the shop holding stuff that you dont want and you feel that your brain has rotted....it is a very surreal experience

Yes I think it must be a trait with Rfds. When asked about my local shop I find it hard to explain about the service , it’s not that their Bad, they just don’t seem bothered about selling you anything. They could do with a course on up selling. If they were a car dealership they wouldn’t last a month.

I don’t mind grumpy, or even rude to an extent RFDs, I more dislike RFDs or the guys on the shop floor at least talking absolute rubbish (about firearms law, performance of cartridges etc). I prefer to shop in silence, if I have a query I will ask. It all feels North American, sales assistants greeting you as soon as you as much as look at a place. 

On 30/06/2020 at 22:33, ditchman said:

its run by leon and his brother and his brothers son who does the computor stuff and parts and ammo..........

as ive said before it is the only place /shop i have ever been to where you can have a conversation or 3 different conversations with 3 people all at the same time............and when you come out of the shop holding stuff that you dont want and you feel that your brain has rotted....it is a very surreal experience

Sounds like Auntie Wainrights emporium

11 hours ago, ditchman said:

https://www.behance.net/gallery/36383469/The-Gunsmith-Brothers

click on this ..........i bought most of my guns there and had them worked on by leon.......the workshop is part of the shop....loverly pictures..

That looks like a what a proper gun shop should look like.

Quite a pleasant change to see so many side by sides in the racks. Normally predominantly O/Us these days.

Thanks for posting that Ditchy. Looks like a cracking place to visit when in the area next. I'm sure that there's something I'll 'need'.

OB

Edited by Old Boggy

When I brought my boys airgun I told him what I was looking for and it was exactly as you'd think, ' now one came in the other day that would be ideal and I know it's around here somewhere'  

After about 5 minutes and a good rummage a tidy little Weihrauch came out for all of £30 I believe it was. 

The place really is something from a different time, itching to go back and find something I 'need' too OB.

On 03/07/2020 at 21:31, ditchman said:

https://www.behance.net/gallery/36383469/The-Gunsmith-Brothers

click on this ..........i bought most of my guns there and had them worked on by leon.......the workshop is part of the shop....loverly pictures..

Yup defo Auntie Wainwrights Simon, I could spend hours in there just having a sticky beak, and if I had any dosh I would need a van to take the stuff home.  Should be more shops like them, shooting & angling especially.

Thanks for posting

Bri