trailcam rain cover

moor man

Got fed up with water on lenses ruining what could be great shots so......

Just knocked up a couple of these.

Made from cut out 2L plastic milk jugs, sticky camo tape and zip ties (blue peter badge on the way...) The zip ties go through trailcam base and rain cover then I use green covered wire to fix to tree.

The 2L jugs fit 'Little Acorn' sized trailcam perfect, this one is a cheap amazon Boblov.

20200630_151540.jpg

20200630_151527.jpg

Yep, good idea, but I have never really had a problem with rain, fog and mist yes.  Another idea for you.  A piece of 3/8th rod, weld a bolt on top which fits the base of your camera, or of course put the thread on the rod, screw into the base of the camera and you can then put that wherever you wish.  The length of rod obviously to fit your requirements I use 18 inch.

CAUTION however do not push the camera to get the rod in the ground , hold the rod.    I'm about to weld some short 'foot' pedals on the side so I can push them in with my boot.

I also include a nut on the thread and then you can lock the camera wherever you need it.

1 hour ago, chilly1981 said:

Good cheap option mate 

might be worth doing the inside with tape to so you don’t get any sun reflection on to the lens

Good idea, I try to position cams to not pick up early/late sunshine as it does tend to wash out image, ta.

11 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Yep, good idea, but I have never really had a problem with rain, fog and mist yes.  Another idea for you.  A piece of 3/8th rod, weld a bolt on top which fits the base of your camera, or of course put the thread on the rod, screw into the base of the camera and you can then put that wherever you wish.  The length of rod obviously to fit your requirements I use 18 inch.

CAUTION however do not push the camera to get the rod in the ground , hold the rod.    I'm about to weld some short 'foot' pedals on the side so I can push them in with my boot.

I also include a nut on the thread and then you can lock the camera wherever you need it.

Is it standard tripod thread? Good idea,.....👍

9 minutes ago, ditchman said:

field expeidenency..............:good:

all my waterproof outside lights are made from big jam jars..............cheap and effective like your idea..

I was a bit bored this afternoon, ended up doin these.

👍Ditchy.......how's yer moles?

Us got sum gurt big ones here in Deb'n, big as dogs they be!! Can pop some in post if u loike....🤣😂👍free!

1 hour ago, moor man said:

I was a bit bored this afternoon, ended up doin these.

👍Ditchy.......how's yer moles?

Us got sum gurt big ones here in Deb'n, big as dogs they be!! Can pop some in post if u loike....🤣😂👍free!

stick em where the sun dont shine ...:lol::cool1::cool1: