scooters

oowee

16 minutes ago, Scully said:

Sounds ok to me, as long as they’re kept off the pavements. 

Bikes aren't kept off the pavements so e-scooters will do as they like as well, probably the same riders. No tax, no insurance, wonderful.

Vic.

No idea. Unless it's a requirement that the renting Co is responsible for the insurance. We'll have to wait and see.

I visited New Zealand last year. They are all over the place pavements ,roads, wherever they want to go.And you can't hear them coming? Clearly the UK lunatics who dreamt this up have ignored reports of the cost to NZ taxpayers of e-scooter injuries. 

Edited by Bobba

12 minutes ago, Scully said:

A little nudge often works. 🙂

Funny you should say that. I was crossing a zebra crossing a while ago and was hit by a guy on a bike who chose to ignore the crossing. I just saw him coming and put up my hands to defend myself and in doing so he hit the kerb and fell off. He got up and threatened me with violence accusing me of pushing him off. The next thing that happened was the driver of the truck that was stopped at the crossing got out of his cab and took the biker by the front of the shirt and heaved him up against the wall and the biker gave the trucker a good listening to. I have witnessed two bikers riding on the pavement go past a copper who did nothing to stop them. There's no hope.

Vic.

I am cheesed off about this, pedestrians have already have lost the footpaths to the selfish 30 somethings on uninsured and unidentified mountain bikes and now we have added electric powered scooters which despite the legal requirement restricting them to 15mph are easily altered to do 30.

I view adults riding on the footpath as cowards that can't handle riding on the road

My mates mother in law had her pelvis smashed by a cyclist on a footpath, he counter claimed for a set of forks and a front wheel

Don't really see what the problem is. You can rent a bike, why not a scooter. Both silent. And in fact I doubt you'll see a massive influx of scooters until private owners can use them (legally). Your average 'yoof' isn't going to rent one everyday with his dole money to go terrorise walkers.

Next you'll be moaning that you can't hear a tesla coming. 

Just now, strimmer_13 said:

Don't really see what the problem is. You can rent a bike, why not a scooter. Both silent. And in fact I doubt you'll see a massive influx of scooters until private owners can use them (legally). Your average 'yoof' isn't going to rent one everyday with his dole money to go terrorise walkers.

Next you'll be moaning that you can't hear a tesla coming. 

You can also own a bike so why not a scooter.

I was hoping they might raise the power limit to 350w and lift the speed to 20 mph if you wore a helmet. That would make them a more serious commuting tool particularly with the cycle lane extensions being brought in.  

7 minutes ago, oowee said:

You can also own a bike so why not a scooter.

I was hoping they might raise the power limit to 350w and lift the speed to 20 mph if you wore a helmet. That would make them a more serious commuting tool particularly with the cycle lane extensions being brought in.  

I have no idea. I'd get one, but I'm not going to rent one tho. The idea of just popping to the shop a mile away without all the palaver of gear and keys appeals to me. Next mobility scooters shouldnt be allowed, they are wider than a sherman tank, whiz around corners on 2 wheels, on the road and pavement, silent and god forbid are allowed into shops 🤐

I see segways are stopping production as well. After using one I'm not surprised. They are just trying to hurt you one way or another. My bones ain't made of rubber no more.

I have seen a few broken ankles when people have been run over by mobility scooters. 
adults seem to fare worse for some reason. 

funny thing is people tend to rush to the mobility scooter to see if they are ok. The one with a leg hanging off tends to get scooped up when someone realises.  

I have seen some with homemade cruise control. Usually a cheap £ shop table clamp that is placed so it friction locks the trigger in 

Edited by ph5172