Crack appearing in BLM movement

AVB

It seems that a number of people and companies are beginning to see though ‘BLM’ and distancing themselves from the BLM organisation. “We support the aims but not the organisation”. 

3 minutes ago, AVB said:

They ‘asked’ him to wear it apparently. 

This gets my goat - and I know that this may cause controversy but bear with me to see where I am going.

I don't wear poppies anymore!!

Why - because I see lots of people on the television that have "perfect" poppies. These have been bought by an organisation where they pin them on people and force them to wear them - that person hasn't donated to wear that poppy. If that person already has a poppy then they should wear that - or if it is disheveled and wants a fresh one for the screen - they should get another one via a personal donation - putting money in the box. Therefore I think that this is against the grain of what the poppy represents and cheapens it. There are people that wear the jeweled and metal/enamel ones but I think that a paper poppy shows the fragility of service personnel lives, past, present and future that protect us.

I am ex-forces (both Army and Air Force) and I always put money in the box of any collector and it usually isn't coins unless that is all that I have on me and I have brought my son's up to do the same. I now choose to remember them in my own way - in my thoughts including people I knew that have fallen for this country - and in my actions

1 hour ago, AVB said:

It seems that a number of people and companies are beginning to see though ‘BLM’ and distancing themselves from the BLM organisation. “We support the aims but not the organisation”. 

If they'd done a little research first rather than being so keen to jump on the band wagon and virtue signal they wouldn't be in this situation. 

25 minutes ago, Mr_Nobody said:

If they'd done a little research first rather than being so keen to jump on the band wagon and virtue signal they wouldn't be in this situation. 

Sums it up perfectly, same with all scams really...

53 minutes ago, discobob said:

This gets my goat - and I know that this may cause controversy but bear with me to see where I am going.

I don't wear poppies anymore!!

Why - because I see lots of people on the television that have "perfect" poppies. These have been bought by an organisation where they pin them on people and force them to wear them - that person hasn't donated to wear that poppy. If that person already has a poppy then they should wear that - or if it is disheveled and wants a fresh one for the screen - they should get another one via a personal donation - putting money in the box. Therefore I think that this is against the grain of what the poppy represents and cheapens it. There are people that wear the jeweled and metal/enamel ones but I think that a paper poppy shows the fragility of service personnel lives, past, present and future that protect us.

I am ex-forces (both Army and Air Force) and I always put money in the box of any collector and it usually isn't coins unless that is all that I have on me and I have brought my son's up to do the same. I now choose to remember them in my own way - in my thoughts including people I knew that have fallen for this country - and in my actions

I know what your saying,  its obvious the poppies are supplied,  but I can't imagine many people need telling to wear the poppy, although it would look better if they were crumpled or folded over like everyone else's. 

30 minutes ago, Mr_Nobody said:

It seems more likely that none of the organisations wanted to be seen not backing the movement,  so blindly followed like lemmings.

6 minutes ago, Mice! said:

It seems more likely that none of the organisations wanted to be seen not backing the movement,  so blindly followed like lemmings.

Yeah, jumping on the bandwagon. A sign of the times. With cancel culture being so prevalent no one wants to risk causing offence. Apart from Peter Hitchins of course.

0hitch.jpg

Be interesting to see what happens at the Grand Prix this weekend - will Mr Hamilton be kneeling on his own?

Mercedes can paint their cars black in support of BLM but I've yet to hear them apologise for using white slave labour to produce vehicles to support Hitler's war efforts.

On 01/07/2020 at 18:39, mudpatten said:

Well worth watching.

Stating the obvious but these were Arabs that had colonised North Africa rather than indigenous Africans.

The word slave originates from "slavic" based on the Muslims in Spain taking people from the slavic nations as captives around the same time that Vikings were doing the same on the British Isles and elsewhere.

"Slavery" appears throughout the Old & New Testament, the curse of Ham being one of the major stories and the bible was apparently used for a long time to justify the modern forms of slavery. 

25 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

around the same time that Vikings were doing the same on the British Isles and elsewhere.

One of my standard jokey comments about slavery reparations is that we need to start demanding the Scandinavian nations pay the UK for taking slaves, back during the Viking era.

I say it as a joke but it has about the same value as us paying various African nations for our slave trade from a few hundred years ago.

Why don`t we just get the Nordic countries with a Viking past to pay any reparations directly to black people with a slave background and cut out us -  the middle man.

I must confess that, when watching the news recently I saw a poster held aloft by a black protester and was surprised to find myself agreeing with the slogan.

Until I read it properly. Apparently I had misread "Reparations" as " Repatriation."

I have just seen a photo of Mr L Hamilton wearing a chain and padlock around his neck at an F1 press conference, this apparently is to show his support for BLM.

The same clown was wearing a T Shirt with Mercedes and Hugo Boss motifs.

Im pretty sure Mercedes used forced labour ( both Jewish and other nationals ) and worked them to death in WW2, this must be ok with Mr L Hamilton. Hypocrisy at its best!