Crack appearing in BLM movement

AVB

2 minutes ago, Taileron said:

I have just seen a photo of Mr L Hamilton wearing a chain and padlock around his neck at an F1 press conference, this apparently is to show his support for BLM.

The same clown was wearing a T Shirt with Mercedes and Hugo Boss motifs.

Im pretty sure Mercedes used forced labour ( both Jewish and other nationals ) and worked them to death in WW2, this must be ok with Mr L Hamilton. Hypocrisy at its best!

To be fair, Mercedes, BMW, and many other German companies did work for the German side in WW2.  How could they do otherwise?  All factories in Germany had to obey the state.

I have every sympathy with abolishing (the remaining few cases of) racism, but the BLM movement is much more than that, looking for overthrow of capitalism, abolishing of the police, closure of all prisons and a variety of other 'traditional far left' policies.  Indeed you could argue that the BLM is simply a good vehicle to house the far left 'activists' to assist them in gaining funds.  In the capitalist world - a "shell company".

I can not and never could understand why our coloured friends are so damed sensitive. I think that the Lewis Hamilton thing is a disgrace and how Mercedes allows him to make political statements using their brand beggars belief. I just want to watch cars racing, I don't want a political lecture on why some of our coloured friends think that they were disadvantaged 200 years ago.

It should be born in mind that a vast majority of slaves were captured by black tribal factions and sold to white slavers. I don' agree with slavery but at the time it was legal and acceptable......it isn't now and has not bern for genrrations, so move on!!

By the way my great great grandmother was a slave owned by my great great grandfather.....he married her and they lived happily ever after.

Won't be watching F1 tomorrow.

29 minutes ago, **** said:

I can not and never could understand why our coloured friends are so damed sensitive. 

I have somewhat more sympathy with those in the US. After all there are living people there who remember segregation. However, over here, in the country that brought about the abolition of slavery back in 1836 at great cost to the nation. . . well frankly you can  just shut your mouth.

5 hours ago, Mr_Nobody said:

I have somewhat more sympathy with those in the US. After all there are living people there who remember segregation. However, over here, in the country that brought about the abolition of slavery back in 1836 at great cost to the nation. . . well frankly you can  just shut your mouth.

I worked with a black guy and he said the funniest thing ever one time.    If it wasn’t for slavery I’d been born in Africa.  I couldn’t live in Africa,  I don’t even own a spear.  And what in the hell does a giraffe taste like.  

21 minutes ago, NoBodyImportant said:

I worked with a black guy and he said the funniest thing ever one time.    If it wasn’t for slavery I’d been born in Africa.  I couldn’t live in Africa,  I don’t even own a spear.  And what in the hell does a giraffe taste like.  

:lol:

That guy had a good sense of humour.

My pal Paul of Jamaican  destent  moved next door to my brother in law . We all 3 worked at the same place , and got on very well . So one day Paul said let's wind  Mike your brother in law up . So I shout paul how you loving your new house  , great he said , Mike then replies . Yes but its not as nice as mine , look at all the work I have done on it . To which Paul replied  mine is loads better,  " I don't have a black man living next door to me "  well we all just fell about laughing   all good fun then .

26 minutes ago, johnphilip said:

My pal Paul of Jamaican  destent  moved next door to my brother in law . We all 3 worked at the same place , and got on very well . So one day Paul said let's wind  Mike your brother in law up . So I shout paul how you loving your new house  , great he said , Mike then replies . Yes but its not as nice as mine , look at all the work I have done on it . To which Paul replied  mine is loads better,  " I don't have a black man living next door to me "  well we all just fell about laughing   all good fun then .

Yes all good fun between friends. But how would Paul react if a total stranger made offensive remarks about his colour or someone refused to serve him.

It's like me I fully accept mates calling me Jew boy and always joking about how tight I am with money. But I don't see why I should have to accept people telling me the best thing Hitler did was gassing ****** jews

On 01/07/2020 at 09:40, AVB said:

It seems that a number of people and companies are beginning to see though ‘BLM’ and distancing themselves from the BLM organisation. “We support the aims but not the organisation”. 

crackpots appearing from the start  IMHO !

8 hours ago, toontastic said:

Yes all good fun between friends. But how would Paul react if a total stranger made offensive remarks about his colour or someone refused to serve him.

It's like me I fully accept mates calling me Jew boy and always joking about how tight I am with money. But I don't see why I should have to accept people telling me the best thing Hitler did was gassing ****** jews

And I think that's where we're going wrong on racism in this country. Part of being British is taking the Mickey, often out of sensitive subjects or inappropriate comments between mates. Comments should be based on intent and if someone is genuinely offended, they should speak to the individual who offended them, the very vast majority of people in this country are not in the slightest racist, the problem is, all these reported instances of racism because if someone reports it, it becomes a racist incident whether it was intended to be or not. It's no wonder we have so many paranoid BLME people in the UK who genuinely believe half the population is racist.

3 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

And I think that's where we're going wrong on racism in this country. Part of being British is taking the Mickey, often out of sensitive subjects or inappropriate comments between mates. Comments should be based on intent and if someone is genuinely offended, they should speak to the individual who offended them, the very vast majority of people in this country are not in the slightest racist, the problem is, all these reported instances of racism because if someone reports it, it becomes a racist incident whether it was intended to be or not. It's no wonder we have so many paranoid BLME people in the UK who genuinely believe half the population is racist.

Some people do find it hard to differentiate between banter and genuine racism. 

An ex neighbour who was Chinese sent me a Xmas card from a dog charity, on the front was a picture of a dog with the slogan a dog isn't just for xmas. So he wrote on the inside that it's also good for sandwiches on boxing Day.

1 minute ago, toontastic said:

Some people do find it hard to differentiate between banter and genuine racism. 

An ex neighbour who was Chinese sent me a Xmas card from a dog charity, on the front was a picture of a dog with the slogan a dog isn't just for xmas. So he wrote on the inside that it's also good for sandwiches on boxing Day.

Yes a good example of banter. People need to lighten up.

On 4 July 2020 at 17:59, Taileron said:

I have just seen a photo of Mr L Hamilton wearing a chain and padlock around his neck at an F1 press conference, this apparently is to show his support for BLM.

"Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream" (Malcolm Muggeridge)

16 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Yes a good example of banter. People need to lighten up.

I watched Ted 2 last night, first time I have never watched it before ever and one of the scenes at the checkouts a black lady refers to a couple as "white n 's" (the N word) twice  saying that Ted needed a baby. I wasn't offended I found it quite funny to be honest. I agree some folks need to lighten up.

12 hours ago, toontastic said:

How many of us are lucky enough in life , to not go through being  bullied,  because that's what  this is . We learn to get over it , to make it not matter . For we know in our own minds we are what we are . We learn to rise above it . The danger arises when the bullied becomes the bullier. For they become no better than those that called them in the first place.