new springs and pins for Franchi

Shooter1966

I've just been quoted £379 for turning new firing pins and springs for my old Franchi by a local gun shop,as Franchi do not make the springs or pins for this over and under anymore.

Now I just think this is a bit steep this price or is this about the right price for this kind of woks to be carried out.

Does anyone know of a gunsmith in the dorset area who does not charge a fortune for this kind of work.

1 hour ago, Shooter1966 said:

I've just been quoted £379 for turning new firing pins and springs for my old Franchi by a local gun shop,as Franchi do not make the springs or pins for this over and under anymore.

Now I just think this is a bit steep this price or is this about the right price for this kind of woks to be carried out.

Does anyone know of a gunsmith in the dorset area who does not charge a fortune for this kind of work.

Sounds like he doesn’t want the job 

Well I suppose by the time the gun has been packed up and sent to someone who will do the work , his bill paid [£75,00??] packed up and sent back , then a100% markup on the work plus packing and carriage plus VAT and it will be quite high but £397 sounds like some ones having a laugh .

The OP doesn't say how many springs, nor if they are "v" springs or flat springs or if they are coil springs. Nor does he say if the firing pins are a simple rod shape or if they are of a more complex shape pehaps with a taper or a slot or whatever else. Without this basic information it is hard to give a fair reply as go if his gunshop is giving him a fair quote or not.