Any Firefox Users Online?

Danger-Mouse

I've just quit using Firefox after around 12 years. Back then it was fast, crisp, and lightly loaded. Today it's sluggish, top heavy and bloated. And on my fully updated Win 10 system, page loading gets slower and slower and slower to the point at which some loads just give up. I then have to do a complete reboot or a network reset to get Firefox back to it's normal lumbering operation.

I'm now using the latest iteration of Edge and it's a revelation, just like Firefox once was. Page load is at least 3 times faster and I don't have to do the full reboot thing twice a day as it doesn't clog up like Firefox. My only complaint - shared by many others - is the ridiculous location of the favourites button.

I have been with Firefox (on a Mac) for a long time and have (touch wood) no problems and it has decent add blockers which is a help.  I can only compare with Safari, against which it is quicker on most sites.  Certain things (presumably in the way pages are constructed) can occasionally give it a bit of trouble - one example being the copious video clips our local paper (Glos Echo as was) includes.

Adblock Plus is an easily installed standard extension for Edge.

It could be that my AMD based system just doesn't get on with Firefox, but I'm not willing to use Chrome because Google is too intrusive and I dislike Safari on the wife's iPad, so I had a look at the new version of Edge and so far it seems very good. One neat thing is they've designed it work without Flash Player, something the Firefox people seem to be struggling with, and one less add on to nag for an update.