Steel shot question for driven duck

everycal

Hello all.

Am looking to draw on your collective knowledge. Have booked on a couple of driven duck days for the first time this year. 
Not sure which gun cartridge combo to use out of two and would appreciate your input/thoughts please. 
Aware of the buy new gun or cartridges option but if we can ignore that for the time being please. 
The day will be shooting normal/average driven ducks. 

Option one - Perazzi Grand Italia 12 bore from the 80s. One fixed choke at half and another multi choke with half in it. There’s no fleur de leys Mark on the barrels though. 
I have got some Express 32g 3s and 4s plastic wad.

Option 2 - Cesar Geurini 20 bore. Steel proofed. I have Express Plastic wad 24g 4s in 20 bore. Imagine I’d need to tighten the chokes To get a decent pattern with these. Struggling to find any other steel 20 bore cartridges. Other non toxic is mega money. 

Can I shoot steel through the 12 bore?

Will the 24g 4s be enough cartridge to work ethically?

Anything else?

Thanks. 

3 hours ago, Scully said:

Either gun with those loads will be fine. 

What Scully says.

I have shot hundreds of wildfowl with Express 32 gram 4’s, including lotsa Canadas.

Incidentally, I will not shoot driven duck. Just my opinion.

Edited by London Best

57 minutes ago, Scully said:

Either gun with those loads will be fine. 

This. !  Do yourself a favour and get some different ammo. The express hunting steel in 12 at least is average in performance in my opinion. I have Tried it in several guns and it and Hull steel are por performers compared to super steel or most other factory steel. never used any express 20 steel, so you might be ok.

This is my opinion might i add, some others might disagree but me i would not use the express hunting steel if i could find an alternative.

The Gamebore super steel 20 ga, in 21 gram is a surprising little cartridge, have a look compare it to the express.

Thanks all. So consensus is that the old perazzi will be ok with the steel? Even without steel proofing. What’s that about the 3s counting as HP steel, I’ve not heard that before? So would I need to only shoot 4s? My preference is to shoot the 12 bore but don’t want to knacker such a nice and sentimental gun. 

41 minutes ago, lukepulford said:

Thanks all. So consensus is that the old perazzi will be ok with the steel? Even without steel proofing. What’s that about the 3s counting as HP steel, I’ve not heard that before? So would I need to only shoot 4s? My preference is to shoot the 12 bore but don’t want to knacker such a nice and sentimental gun. 

I have only ever owned one steel proofed gun, but have shot it through most of the other guns I’ve owned and those I do now.

I like Gamebore 36grm 3’s, which I think are HP, and used to use them on Mallard and the occasional  goose, exclusively through a high grade 1980’s Winchester fitted with original Winchokes.It never came to any harm.