Am I being thick ?

Modafinale

19 minutes ago, Modafinale said:

BLM want to de-fund the uk police !

The FA are supporting BLM with their logo on a football club kit 😳

who do the FA think are going to make football games safe without the police 🤣🤣😂😂😳

Yeah the same F.A. who don't allow political statements on kit and fined someone for wearing a ribbon supporting Catalan independence.

I watched a video today where an American cop was telling a story about how a group of them were doing a defund the police rally and actually rang up to ask for police protection for it.

Edited by Danger-Mouse
extra comment

15 minutes ago, NoBodyImportant said:

Hold on now,  let’s not shut the BLM movement down yet.  There is plenty of entertainment left to milk from this cow. 

What do you think about the St Louis Prosecutor wanting to charge `Ken and Karen' for defending their home against the BLM mob?

13 hours ago, Mr_Nobody said:

What do you think about the St Louis Prosecutor wanting to charge `Ken and Karen' for defending their home against the BLM mob?

I have some thoughts but the facts aren’t all out yet.  But it looks like self defense clear cut.  It looks to be perfectly legal.  But the fact they Donated large amounts to democrat nominees wants me to let them stew in the juice they help create.  

7 minutes ago, NoBodyImportant said:

But the fact they Donated large amounts to democrat nominees wants me to let them stew in the juice they help create.  

Democrats with guns , that explains why they both look so awkward with them :lol:

The way shes waving that pistol about, certainly made me wonder whether shes ever actually fired the thing !

19 minutes ago, NoBodyImportant said:

I have some thoughts but the facts aren’t all out yet.  But it looks like self defense clear cut.  It looks to be perfectly legal.  But the fact they Donated large amounts to democrat nominees wants me to let them stew in the juice they help create.  

Cheers for the reply.

Haha, yes I can see why you'd like them to stew for a while. Afaik the police have said they won't be pressing charges so I'm not sure why the state prosecutor was suggesting she would. Then again I don't know too much about US law. Isn't St Louis a "castle" state? 

9 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Democrats with guns , that explains why they both look so awkward with them 

The way shes waving that pistol about, certainly made me wonder whether shes ever actually fired the thing !

Judging by her trigger discipline it's probably fair to say she has never had any training with it.

Lots of Democrats have guns now. Lots of them have been complaining how difficult it is to buy them. The irony is not lost amongst the pro 2nd Amendment folks.

I heard on Tim Pool that over 8 million new guns have been bought in the last few months. Sales have been rocketing since the outbreak of Covid 19.

8 hours ago, Mr_Nobody said:

Cheers for the reply.

Haha, yes I can see why you'd like them to stew for a while. Afaik the police have said they won't be pressing charges so I'm not sure why the state prosecutor was suggesting she would. Then again I don't know too much about US law. Isn't St Louis a "castle" state? 

Judging by her trigger discipline it's probably fair to say she has never had any training with it.

Lots of Democrats have guns now. Lots of them have been complaining how difficult it is to buy them. The irony is not lost amongst the pro 2nd Amendment folks.

I heard on Tim Pool that over 8 million new guns have been bought in the last few months. Sales have been rocketing since the outbreak of Covid 19.

Democrats are not actually anti gun. They are anti poor people, anti people of color gun owners.  They all like armed security.   He actually looked trained with the A2 from what my police military friends from the late eighties and nineties say.  He had the classic old school stance.  But the Democrats he donated to say they will not keep the money and will send it to anti gun groups.  

But yes, Missouri is a castle doctrine state.  By law he could have mowed them down the second they set foot on his lawn.  

8 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Democrats with guns , that explains why they both look so awkward with them 

It doesn’t appear she knew how to work the Walter pistol.  But he on the other hand had some training by his handling of the rifle.   Being a old A2colt I’m going to assume he has owned it for a long time and as not very many of the old school guns are in stores anymore.  They where all torn down for parts to build new style sleek carbines with optics and flashlight.  

8 hours ago, Mr_Nobody said:

Not sure where they bought them as the stores are empty.  😂.  I have several friends wanting to buy their first gun but can’t find what they want in stock. The fun part about the 8 million figure is that’s how many background checks where called in. But 1 check doesn’t mean 1 gun.  If a person buys 5 guns on the same day from the same dealer then the dealer only has to call it in once.  Since there is no gun regisrations the ATF doesn’t know how many are sold.    Plus if you have a concealed carry license then you are not called in at all as you are exempt.  

Edited by NoBodyImportant

3 minutes ago, NoBodyImportant said:

Democrats are not actually anti gun. They are anti poor people, anti people of color gun owners.  They all like armed security.   He actually looked trained with the A2 from what my police military friends from the late eighties and nineties say.  He had the classic old school stance.  But the Democrats he donated to say they will not keep the money and will send it to anti gun groups.  

But yes, Missouri is a castle doctrine state.  By law he could have mowed them down the second they set foot on his lawn.  

Oh that's interesting. From the news I see Democrats are generally viewed as anti-gun. Other than headlines in UK newspapers most of my view of what's going on in the states comes from Tim Pool, Mr Obvious, and Joe Rogan on YouTube.

I saw that one of the Democrat city councils (Minneapolis?) voted to defund the police and immediately hired private security for themselves. The Seattle mayor was also very quick to change her views when protesters turned up at her house.

"Ken" did look slightly more competent, his wife clearly wasn't with that trigger discipline. Unlike the Michigan lady who had excellent handling of her firearm.

1 minute ago, Mr_Nobody said:

Oh that's interesting. From the news I see Democrats are generally viewed as anti-gun. Other than headlines in UK newspapers most of my view of what's going on in the states comes from Tim Pool, Mr Obvious, and Joe Rogan on YouTube.

I saw that one of the Democrat city councils (Minneapolis?) voted to defund the police and immediately hired private security for themselves. The Seattle mayor was also very quick to change her views when protesters turned up at her house.

"Ken" did look slightly more competent, his wife clearly wasn't with that trigger discipline. Unlike the Michigan lady who had excellent handling of her firearm.

Oh they are always screaming to confiscate guns.  But they also live in gated neighborhoods with armed security.  

3 minutes ago, NoBodyImportant said:

Not sure where they bought them as the stores are empty.  😂.  I have several friends wanting to buy their first gun but can’t find what they want in stock. The fun part about the 8 million figure is that’s how many background checks where called in. But 1 check doesn’t mean 1 gun.  If a person buys 5 guns on the same day from the same dealer then the dealer only has to call it in once.  Since there is no gun regisrations the ATF doesn’t know how many are sold.    Plus if you have a concealed carry license then you are not called in at all as you are exempt.  

Yeah Tim was saying he'd been to the gun store a while back and they had racks full of guns and when he went back a week or two later those racks were empty. I suppose it may depend where you are. I know not so long back ammunition was difficult to get a hold of.

7 minutes ago, Mr_Nobody said:

Yeah Tim was saying he'd been to the gun store a while back and they had racks full of guns and when he went back a week or two later those racks were empty. I suppose it may depend where you are. I know not so long back ammunition was difficult to get a hold of.

Yeah it’s getting that way now.  223 steel was $180 USD shipped per 1000 pre covid.  Now the same cheap plinking ammo is $250.  I refuse to pay that so I keep 30-50,000 rounds bought up so I buy on sale and shoot through the ammo shortages.  

Edited by NoBodyImportant

2 minutes ago, NoBodyImportant said:

Yeah it’s getting that way now.  223 steel was $180 USD shipped per 1000 pre covid.  Now the same cheap plinking ammo is $250.  I refuse to pay that so I keep 30-50,000 rounds bought up so I buy on sale and shoot through the ammo shortages.  

lol. Those numbers are crazy to a UK gun owner. I'm allowed 1500 rounds of .22. Any more than that and I'm breaching the terms of my license. The only round I could own in those numbers are shotgun cartridges and I dare say if my firearms officer discovered I had that many he'd be very curious as to why I did.

10 hours ago, Mr_Nobody said:

lol. Those numbers are crazy to a UK gun owner. I'm allowed 1500 rounds of .22. Any more than that and I'm breaching the terms of my license. The only round I could own in those numbers are shotgun cartridges and I dare say if my firearms officer discovered I had that many he'd be very curious as to why I did.

That’s one thing I never understood.  Why is 2000 rounds more dangerous the 500?  If the system that controls the guns work then why control ammo.  CCI ran the mini mag 22lr a few months back for $.03 each.  So I bought 10 cases.   That same ammo is $.10 each currently.   That’s 3 times the cost. You should be allowed to stock up when it’s on sale. 

37 minutes ago, NoBodyImportant said:

That’s one thing I never understood.  Why is 2000 rounds more dangerous the 500?  If the system that controls the guns work then why control ammo.  CCI ran the mini mag 22lr a few months back for $.03 each.  So I bought 10 cases.   That same ammo is $.10 each currently.   That’s 3 times the cost. You should be allowed to stock up when it’s on sale. 

British firearms law was never about public safety. It was to prevent people being able to stockpile guns and ammo during the 1920s when the communists in the mines and the shipyards were openly advocating revolution. They had a lot of support too, it was a real threat.