BBC Look North feature on wildfowling

Diabolo

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000kl74/look-north-east-yorkshire-and-lincolnshire-evening-news-01072020

The feature starts about eighteen and a bit minutes in, after the "hilarious" banter with the weather bloke.

Was it fair? I think the report mostly was, it was on the lunchtime edition also, the presenter then didn't seem to have so much attitude, but it was given a different perspective (I.M.O) by the evening slot presenter.  Don't know what the responses will be from the invitation to send comments in, but I think we can guess. They might refer to the comments in tonight's edition, so perhaps still time to get views across. Who knows, they might even use one from a a 'fowler in the interests of balance, as they're supposed to do!

Steve

Edited by Diabolo
improve clarity

4 hours ago, Dogs said:

Where's basc in this ? Have I missed them or have they just not bothered to take advantage of the slot on the news ? Managed to show a clip of there wildfowling film , is that it ?

BASC might not have had the option, Ken Arkley is UHWC who  have used alternative representation historically.

6 minutes ago, Smokersmith said:

As predicted!

True, however I thought the "pro" comments came across as well reasoned and hopefully made sense to the previously uninformed, the "Cons" were, of course, the usual ignorant clap-trap. The presenter did at least mention the comments submitted went 50/50 for and against, so well done to all who responded to make the case for 'fowling.

Unfortunately mine wasn't one of the ones selected, but I suppose it was a bit unrealistic to hear "Packham is a ****" read out before the watershed. Or after.

• 4 weeks later...