My First 6 Months of 2020 in pictures

As previously posted my shooting buddy has requested that I do not post reports on our outings as he believes that the publicity is causing us to loose shoots. I have continued to take pictures in chronological order the results as follows:-

IMG-1628.jpg

63 Pigeons
IMG-1647.jpg

181 Pigeons
IMG-1651.jpg

249 Pigeons
IMG-1655.jpg

46 Pigeons 46 corvids
IMG-1659.jpg

113 Pigeons 4 corvids
IMG-1666.jpg

94 Pigeons 2 corvids
IMG-1668.jpg

52 Pigeons 21corvids
IMG-1670.jpg

75 Pigeons15corvids
IMG-1674.jpg

36 Crovids
IMG-1677.jpg

64 Pigeons 3corvids
IMG-1684.jpg

38 Pigeons 3corvids
IMG-1688.jpg

62 Pigeons
IMG-1696.jpg

105 Pigeons 4corvids
IMG-1697.jpg

60 Corvids
IMG-1701.jpg

24 Pigeons 11corvids
IMG-1704.jpg

99 Pigeons 17corvids
IMG-1714.jpg

34 Pigeons 2corvids
IMG-1718.jpg

58 Corvids
IMG-1725.jpg

45 Pigeons 10corvids
IMG-1728.jpg

30 Corvids
IMG-1734.jpg

270 Pigeons
IMG-1740.jpg

164 Pigeons
IMG-1743.jpg

168 Pigeons
IMG-1746.jpg

99 Crovids, including 2 Magpies
IMG-1747.jpg

154 Pigeons

Some of the results were low due to shooting the same flock of birds the next day on adjoining fields at the Farmers request.

Edited by pigeon controller

Well done PC and thank you for posting.

I am well aware of the circumstances leading to your shooting partner's decision to ask you to stop posting about your outings. If it were me I would have had strong words with the culprit.

2 minutes ago, JDog said:

Well done PC and thank you for posting.

I am well aware of the circumstances leading to your shooting partner's decision to ask you to stop posting about your outings. If it were me I would have had strong words with the culprit.

He is going through a tough time at present, the garage pictures are mainly joint ventures and the hide pictures are solo ventures. I will talk him round eventually. Thanks for your comments and your reports which have kept the forum active during the past six months.

Great photo diary of the days results, I rarely take photos as I don't need personal reminders and none of my friends or neighbours are very understanding about the need to do this work, even my own family condemn my actions with the exception of my oldest who often shoots with me when he is in the country, ( he lives in California and is still locked down ) so I tend to shoot alone and only share my successes with the farmer and the missus , she knows I have shot all my life, since I was 8 years old with my catapult up to now with my zimmer frame, and she just goes along with it rather than create any confrontation. Anyway keep up the good work and take some more pics for us, 👍🤗

Quite sad that’s had to happen, I don’t know the reason behind it but I’m guessing someone local has been poaching your permissions. 
Great bags as I would expect PC. 
I do get where he is coming from though, over the last 5 years in particular it has seemed much harder to keep the same shooting as so many people seem keen on having a go, and often where we would be able to refrain from shooting a small bag and watch for a few days people now jump in when they see a few pigeons. 
Telling people of your success seems to result in them telling others to follow in your footsteps which is most frustrating, happens a fair bit sadly. 

19 hours ago, Wilts#Dave said:

Quite sad that’s had to happen, I don’t know the reason behind it but I’m guessing someone local has been poaching your permissions. 
Great bags as I would expect PC. 
I do get where he is coming from though, over the last 5 years in particular it has seemed much harder to keep the same shooting as so many people seem keen on having a go, and often where we would be able to refrain from shooting a small bag and watch for a few days people now jump in when they see a few pigeons. 
Telling people of your success seems to result in them telling others to follow in your footsteps which is most frustrating, happens a fair bit sadly. 

Same here,got two eejits on some ground next door,shoot it 2-3 days a week,10-12 hrs a day ,so you end up going out for very few whereas I used to leave them alone for a week or two between shoots!

Good to see you back in the fold and your photos prove you haven't been in total isolation for the last 14 weeks , isolating in your hide yes but not in your abode.

I am sure we have all shot on land that already had shooters going on it , we found permissions fairly easy to obtain and over a few years we built up a sizeable acreage to shoot over , this was fine but you can't be everywhere at once and there must have been times when odd perms were left for a fair while , this is when other shooters stand a good chance to get some shooting , if the farmer isn't on speaking of phone up terms and he see pigeons dropping into his crop and another shooter knock on his door at the right time then there is a good chance he will get the go ahead , maybe the ones who shot it in the past might not be happy but you have to think the farmer give someone permission to keep the pigeons down to a reasonable level , maybe not the right way to look at it but we would go where we felt we would shoot the most shooting and the lesser fields would get a chance to build up , in those days you could get away with it but it don't seem to that way now .

Now apart from club land I just stick to the area where I am the only one to shoot the pigeons , if they are going on more than one field I can always get in touch with another chap who have got permission to go with me . I know I would get jarred off if I was looking all the week then on the Saturday I find a couple of guns have beat me to it and no doubt so would you . 

Good to see you're posting again. I can relate to other guns moving in on your permissions. My main permission is on 3 joined farms that make up the game syndicate that I'm a member of. I have solely shot these farms for over 30 years now, usually alone but I invite pals and other syndicate members if i think there's a decent day to be had. What I have found recently are many "chancers" (JDog came up with this term) continually turning up and trying their luck, despite them knowing that I shoot the land. They have offered cash to the the farmers and keeper, (I suspect they then take cash from their guests) but luckily they either chase them or put them onto me. I do shoot on many other farms but appreciate that they're not my sole permissions and others can beat me to it at times. It is becoming more difficult to make decent bags on these farms as the birds are just not allowed to build up. 

Hope to see you posting again.

I recently knocked on a farmers door having seen crows hitting his roadside land. I got the go ahead from him to shoot...I also got the number of the lad that already shoots it so as I thought anyone would do I sent a message to the existing shooter introducing myself and telling him I had permission and my intended day to shoot etc......would he like to (socially distanced) join me as I’m sure we can share the sport 🤷🏻‍♂️ I’ve since shot with him on his own ground and made a good contact as well as meeting a decent chap into shooting. There will be days when I can’t get there and he can and gets a good bag and vice versa but I’ve never understood all the land “poaching” had it done to me but such a shame that it happens when it’s entirely unnecessary. Some cracking bags there mate looks like you’re getting plenty of sport still. well done 👍🏼

Glad to see you are still at it pc will definitely miss your reports.furlough seemed to bring more guns out than usual cost me a lot of shooting one very productive farm i visited 3 times after 15 mile drive to find 3 guns already set up and the rape there i had to myself all winter. Game dealer shutting for 2 months didnt help either.since i retired i got more land and you cant get round it all and it seems use it or loose it.