BASC to cease legal expenses cover wef 31 July 2020

May I ask what those BASC members on here who appear to be terribly upset by the removal of this particular element of the insurance cover that has been in place for only 5 or 6 years did for this legal cover before it was introduced?

Edited by Mickeydredd

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The lack of prior discussion with the membership is the real nub of this current unrest and it is sadly a recurring theme with BASC lately.This is very poor when comms have never been more readily available.

Therein lies the major problem. BASC don't seem accountable to members as to where the "increased" funding will go. Nor do they seem to want to explain in detail.

I like the suggestion to get involved and change things. That would suggest that all the current hierarchy need to be replaced to get things done.

39 minutes ago, Mickeydredd said:

May I ask what those BASC members on here who appear to be terribly upset by the removal of this particular element of the insurance cover that has been in place for only 5 or 6 years did for this legal cover before it was introduced?

you will no doubt get some Flowery answers, but in reality they had zero idea if it existed or not.  harsh admitted but the truth can be sharp at times.  But like pointing out a bruise to a child they start crying, but it never hurt until it was pointed out.

53 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

Nothing i am all good with BASC, it is logical to me and just sensible money management for the greater good. As we speak BASC are spending our money to uphold our sport. i see nothing not to like.

Er right !
They take a fundamental part of their service away, approx £1millions worth yes ?
Say nothing about what they are doing with the saving until challenged.

Then , tell you theyre going to save it for a rainy day for you ? 😏

Taxtips Bondi Junction - Home | Facebook

10 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

Therein lies the major problem. BASC don't seem accountable to members as to where the "increased" funding will go. Nor do they seem to want to explain in detail.

I like the suggestion to get involved and change things. That would suggest that all the current hierarchy need to be replaced to get things done.

Get busy Replace them, its all doable.

Doubt a single one of you BASC nay sayers will do squat to change anything here whatsoever.

I know this much if BASC had ****** me off as much as it apparently has done you chaps i would be doing something about it in double quick time.

5 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Er right !
They take a fundamental part of their service away, approx £1millions worth yes ?
Say nothing about what they are doing with the saving until challenged.

Then , tell you theyre going to save it for a rainy day for you ? 😏

They could well be using it right at this moment in time, fighting to solve problems in shooting. WE the SHOTING community have got lots going on at the moment way more than banning lead or this change.

PS Have we really reached the  posting MEME s STAGE of pigeon watch devolution./ Honestly i ask you. TUT TUT!.

Edited by lancer425

30 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

They could well be using it right at this moment in time, fighting to solve problems in shooting.

They could well be spending it on jollies too, but seeing as you think the sun shines out their collective rectums....

I suppose you are entitled to put your money where your mouth is, but you will find very few on these pages to support you.
Face it , BASC has shot itself in the foot, if they have caused only 5 % of their members to look elsewhere for cover, thats a good chunk of money, and support , gone.
I suspect there will be more than that , once the announcement filters down through the ranks.

I suspect they will eventually lose their crown as the premier shooting organisation because of this and other clangers.
Hopefully something will take up slack that they have left.

38 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

PS Have we really reached the  posting MEME s STAGE of pigeon watch devolution./ Honestly i ask you. TUT TUT!.

A light hearted look at the OUTRAGE you are feeling for these loutish pigeon shooters slagging off your beloved BASC ?
Yes we are at that stage, Ill come back to you when you have a better argument.

25 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

They could well be spending it on jollies too, but seeing as you think the sun shines out their collective rectums....

I suppose you are entitled to put your money where your mouth is, but you will find very few on these pages to support you.
Face it , BASC has shot itself in the foot, if they have caused only 5 % of their members to look elsewhere for cover, thats a good chunk of money, and support , gone.
I suspect there will be more than that , once the announcement filters down through the ranks.

I suspect they will eventually lose their crown as the premier shooting organisation because of this and other clangers.
Hopefully something will take up slack that they have left.

A light hearted look at the OUTRAGE you are feeling for these loutish pigeon shooters slagging off your beloved BASC ?
Yes we are at that stage, Ill come back to you when you have a better argument.

I admit it is a beloved BASC, it is right now fighting to save our sport.

2 hours ago, Mickeydredd said:

Perhaps decent shooting people didn`t feel as intimidated at that point in time .Things have become much more abrasive towards us since then !

3 hours ago, Mickeydredd said:

:lol::lol::lol:

What's your point.

Edited by Newbie to this

6 hours ago, Terry2016 said:

Have you seen this ? BASC launch 7 figure fighting fund..... maybe thats where the extra funds will go and we will be better off for it ..

https://basc.org.uk/basc-launches-legal-fighting-fund/

They have not saved a million they have put it to a fighting fund ....

https://basc.org.uk/basc-launches-legal-fighting-fund/

It looks like a thinly veiled attempt to pacify those that are upset by the legal cover being dropped.

Will this 'legal fighting fund' be available to individual members who want to appeal against having their tickets revoked? It doesn't say, and because of that I suspect it won't.

Only the gullible would believe that they are now under writing the members' legal cover with a rainy day fund.

2 hours ago, clangerman said:

fighting with what? hot air stern letters a hissy fit with no teeth they  can’t fight anyone except the members 

members pulling good health teeth out is not helping with the hold any.

4 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Too little and far too late!

I can not see how they could have realisticaly done any different over the years, certainly not to have significantly change anything as you would notice.

lancer425 - you clearly believe some of the laughable stuff you post. You carry on with BASC - they need your money. I see you sent Scully a PM saying how they are fighting the fight. Why don't you post it here. Surely it might influence doubters like me.

31 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

lancer425 - you clearly believe some of the laughable stuff you post. You carry on with BASC - they need your money. I see you sent Scully a PM saying how they are fighting the fight. Why don't you post it here. Surely it might influence doubters like me.

And inform others who would do us harm. Now i wonder why that's not a good idea Gordon.  Even you must have a hunch to what its about join up the dots man and get a grip.

1 hour ago, lancer425 said:

.... Even you must have a hunch to what its about join up the dots man and get a grip.

This and a previous post about growing a spine leads me to think you have lost the plot chap. 

The point you seemingly are not getting is that many of us can't be doing with a firm that took our money whilst leading us to believe they had our backs in the event of our licence being restricted or revoked for no good or fair reason. 

I personally feel that licensing officers nor police chiefs don't give a toss about what BASC (nor any other shooting organisation) has to say about anything they do - in fact that aspect was thrown in my face several years ago by a trainee ex CID FEO who felt civvies should not have guns. That there was a small chance of at least someone speaking up for us to FLO staff or court was worth the modest amount of money we paid for that representation from a person who knows what he's talking about and not floundering under threat of loss of his licence - forgive my dyslexic choice of words.

It seems that small token benefit of membership has now been taken away. My personal thoughts are to save what I would have spent with ANY shooting organisation to pay for my doctors report - and that I don't think any voice would be heard unless all orgs are lumped together which might just make them have a bigger semi NRA type clout - but that won't be happening any time soon.

Edited by Dave-G

7 hours ago, Dave-G said:
  1. This and a previous post about growing a spine leads me to think you have lost the plot chap. 

T2. he point you seemingly are not getting is that many of us can't be doing with a firm that took our money whilst leading us to believe they had our backs in the event of our licence being restricted or revoked for no good or fair reason. 

I personally feel that licensing officers nor police chiefs don't give a toss about what BASC (nor any other shooting organisation) has to say about anything they do - in fact that aspect was thrown in my face several years ago by a trainee ex CID FEO who felt civvies should not have guns. That there was a small chance of at least someone speaking up for us to FLO staff or court was worth the modest amount of money we paid for that representation from a person who knows what he's talking about and not floundering under threat of loss of his licence - forgive my dyslexic choice of words.

It seems that small token benefit of membership has now been taken away. My personal thoughts are to save what I would have spent with ANY shooting organisation to pay for my doctors report - and that I don't think any voice would be heard unless all orgs are lumped together which might just make them have a bigger semi NRA type clout - but that won't be happening any time soon.

Switched off.

2. PAH!.

Even you must have a hunch to what its about join up the dots man and get a grip

Sorry - patronising garbage like "even you" will not convince me you know anything at all. Your arrogance seems to blind you to the reality of BASC's situation. It's put up or shut up time. If it is so easy to "join up the dots", then "others who would do us harm" must have already joined the dots. Have the courage to produce your evidence or stop citing it. I have real reservations as to whether it exists or needs to be kept secret.

I think if people are upset do you not  think  that us shooters arguing are putting a feather in FAO cap and the anti's . If every one to do with our sport ie shoots/game dealers/clubs and clothing got together with all the organisation's. We would be such a force but divided we are open to those who do not agree want to stop us all from owning  a gun,

10 minutes ago, bottletopbill said:

I think if people are upset do you not  think  that us shooters arguing are putting a feather in FAO cap and the anti's . If every one to do with our sport ie shoots/game dealers/clubs and clothing got together with all the organisation's. We would be such a force but divided we are open to those who do not agree want to stop us all from owning  a gun,

Shooters are never united, its the same the world over. The NRA in the states Charlton Heston etc. some just love to hate and haters are going to hate.

BASC bashing is not new its been around for years, even though 90% here were never involved or even born in the WAGBI days,  imagining they are looking over their shoulder at some halcyon days of yore when WAGBI ruled the waves.

Real fact is WAGBI as an organisation could never have held a candle to BASC on a bad day never mind a good one.

BASC if perfect or not"pick your poison"Are where we are at today. WE have nothing else to offer, If they are powerless we are powerless full stop. No sudden rallying call from any other organisation in existence or in the planning today is going to fight out corner better than BASC today. There really is no other practical up and running cab in town. 

The political scene now is complex, and we a minority sport of a controversial nature that is in itself hard to defend, has a lot of ground to make up in the PR stakes to appease the rank and file out there looking in at us.

BASC has tried to change hearts and minds, as others in shooting have dome too, we as a community have some little victories , but these are just skirmishes nothing that could ever be described as a decisive battle .

The BASC NAY sayers amaze me, its an organisation openly run as far as it needs to both from a legal standpoint and yet retaining its privacy to carry out political manoeuvres to combat challenges to our sport. BUT OH NO! These people want everything out there in the open on show for everyone to see ,plonked neatly here on pigeon watch so they can pick the bones out of it.

Tell me one business that ever does this or ever could, how can they be competitive with the challenges they face, when the oposition knows their very next move in advance.   ?

i hope one day soon these people will wake up and realise, we all need BASC they are vital for our future. There just is not one other option out there to be the voice of shooting in the uk today.

The

We will never please every one but we give jobs in so many way's from car;s clothing ammo and numerous more. Plus we also protect our farm's from pest both birds and some people and putting food on the tables . So lets keep  hold our passion  and sport safe for my grand children to enjoy in there lives.