BASC to cease legal expenses cover wef 31 July 2020

1 minute ago, Gordon R said:

You are welcome. When I see posts that make a lot of unsupported points they interest me. My concern with your posts is your blind devotion to BASC without any facts to support it - only those which you will not share. It might well be that they could do harm in the wrong hands, but you have said that they are easy to work out. That led me to the conclusion that you were trying to appear to be "in the know".  You dismiss requests for facts with rather infantile cliches, which leads me to further doubt what you say. 

I will leave it there as you cannot or will not back up what you say. I expect some further cliches or patronising remark to satisfy your ego.

Draw what conclusions/ doubts  you want, it is of no consequence to  to me whatsoever. 

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Mickeydredd said:

Please highlight where I said the insurance was no longer needed.

Maybe you didn't, but the way it read to me, it was heavily implied. It's one reason I asked the point of your question. You know to try and further the discussion 

how do you assume I am alright?  I don't have the insurance cover.

I assumed you were alright because you seem to be having a pop at people complaining about the removal of the 'free add-on', hinting that it wasn't needed 'a few short years ago'. Oh for clarity, it was never free, it was part of the membership fee.

Irrelevant

Like the argument, you never used to have it, why are you all moaning it has been removed. (That is how your question read to me).

Not at all, insurance is very important

Glad we agree, maybe you can see people's anger that insurance they paid for has been removed. As some have said, it's their main/only reason for becoming a member.

You asked a question of a question, not sure that is engaging in discussion.  No big deal though, it's just the t'internet 👍

As far as I'm aware that's how discussions work, they are a two way street.

Edited by Newbie to this

2 hours ago, Newbie to this said:

Maybe you didn't, but the way it read to me, it was heavily implied. It's one reason I asked the point of your question. You know to try and further the discussion 

I assumed you were alright because you seem to be having a pop at people complaining about the removal of the 'free add-on', hinting that it wasn't needed 'a few short years ago'. Oh for clarity, it was never free, it was part of the membership fee.

Like the argument, you never used to have it, why are you all moaning it has been removed. (That is how your question read to me).

Glad we agree, maybe you can see people's anger that insurance they paid for has been removed. As some have said, it's their main/only reason for becoming a member.

I think you have misinterpreted much of what I have posted, and certainly if you think I was having a pop at anyone, but hey ho like I said, that's the internet.

9 minutes ago, Mickeydredd said:

I think you have misinterpreted much of what I have posted, and certainly if you think I was having a pop at anyone, but hey ho like I said, that's the internet.

Possibly.

It's hard to tell in what context something is written. I obviously got the context wrong.

I apologise for my misinterpretation.

12 hours ago, Gordon R said:

You are welcome. When I see posts that make a lot of unsupported points they interest me. My concern with your posts is your blind devotion to BASC without any facts to support it - only those which you will not share. It might well be that they could do harm in the wrong hands, but you have said that they are easy to work out. That led me to the conclusion that you were trying to appear to be "in the know".  You dismiss requests for facts with rather infantile cliches, which leads me to further doubt what you say. 

I will leave it there as you cannot or will not back up what you say. I expect some further cliches or patronising remark to satisfy your ego.

:good:

2 hours ago, Newbie to this said:

Possibly.

It's hard to tell in what context something is written. I obviously got the context wrong.

I apologise for my misinterpretation.

No need for apologies. We are all on the same side, the internet is like you say sometimes tricky to navigate.

11 hours ago, JKD said:

Just pointing out a small error 🙄

Im blaming auto correct:lol:

I dont really do the grammar nazi thing usually , as mine is usually horrific !
But when someone starts preaching like everyone else is stupid except them..

1 hour ago, Rewulf said:

Im blaming auto correct:lol:

I dont really do the grammar nazi thing usually , as mine is usually horrific !
But when someone starts preaching like everyone else is stupid except them..

I know exactly what you mean, and please take my small criticism with the humour intended 😉 

18 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

Stop being  stupid then and you will get left alone, you can not show up on here slagging off our biggest and only viable shooting organisation in the Uk and expect any more can you.

Really?  He's been here longer than you and put in a lot more posts than you - yet you say the above.

Edited by Dave-G

14 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

Stop being  stupid then and you will get left alone, you can not show up on here slagging off our biggest and only viable shooting organisation in the Uk and expect any more can you.

since when have you been in charge of deciding who’s opinion is valid if you can’t be civil with people don’t comment 

42 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

Ill get left alone will I ? :lol:

You Sir, are digging yourself a hole big enough for your very large ego.
You should have quit about 10 pages ago, but alas....

41 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

It may be our biggest shooting organisation but that doesn’t make it ‘viable’. 
Its hardly a glowing reference is it, to refer to something as not too successful, but it’s all we’ve got? 
I can’t think of any organisation I would be willing to give my money to for being inadequate. 
If it comes to a choice between paying someone’s wages for this inadequacy and taking my chances, then it’s got to be the latter. 

5 minutes ago, Scully said:

It may be our biggest shooting organisation but that doesn’t make it ‘viable’. 
Its hardly a glowing reference is it, to refer to something as not too successful, but it’s all we’ve got? 
I can’t think of any organisation I would be willing to give my money to for being inadequate. 
If it comes to a choice between paying someone’s wages for this inadequacy and taking my chances, then it’s got to be the latter. 

Handsome is as handsome does as the old  saying goes. I can not fault BASC and what it does. If i ever find them coming up short i will be sure to let you and them know.

19 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Ill get left alone will I ? :lol:

You Sir, are digging yourself a hole big enough for your very large ego.
You should have quit about 10 pages ago, but alas....

Hard boiled egg yokes mixed with arrowroot will steady your bowel movements, its an old age thing hope it all works out for you.

7 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

Handsome is as handsome does as the old  saying goes. I can not fault BASC and what it does. If i ever find them coming up short i will be sure to let you and them know.

I seriously doubt you will because they’ve been found wanting many times, and yet here you are, singing their praises. We’ll see how you feel if they fail to secure what you’re hoping they will currently.
If I was the cynical type I’d be prone to think it was more than coincidence that this latest fighting fund became available just as it is needed, by the cancellation of legal help cover in their policy. 🙂

3 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

Handsome is as handsome does as the old  saying goes.

Eh ?

3 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

I can not fault BASC and what it does.

Yes youve said that, over and over again , what are you a BASC lay preacher ?:lol:

4 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

If i ever find them coming up short i will be sure to let you and them know.

Again , Eh !?
Come up short ?
Try listing the success's against the failures.
Try standing back from worshipping at the altar of BASC , and look at what they actually achieved since their inception.
Theyve made a tidy profit for all the interested parties, pushed the BASC agenda, paid the bills and greased some palms.
What they havnt done is fight very hard for shooting rights, the likes of avery and packham send them running for the hills with £50 k worth of crowd funding, you can just imagine the convo in the boardroom , 'Are we fighting this Hugh?'  .. 'God no man , itll impact our profits, I need a healthy bonus this year for my new swimming pool project '

Basc MAKE NOISE, because noise doesnt cost anything.
Get your mind away from seeing them as being a benevolent shooting organisation, that has the ordinary mans back.
They are a profit making BUSINESS, that is all.

14 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

Hard boiled egg yokes mixed with arrowroot will steady your bowel movements, its an old age thing hope it all works out for you.

I think youve OD ed on it and it sent you batty :w00t:

14 minutes ago, Scully said:

I seriously doubt you will because they’ve been found wanting many times, and yet here you are, singing their praises. We’ll see how you feel if they fail to secure what you’re hoping they will currently.
If I was the cynical type I’d be prone to think it was more than coincidence that this latest fighting fund became available just as it is needed, by the cancellation of legal help cover in their policy. 🙂

Where was i when all these disasters happened, i have been at this 50 years now, Ok i was in NZ some of that time but still in touch with my dad and that he was shooting/ wildfowling then, he never said anything.

Serious question Where when was this? 

13 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Eh ?

Yes youve said that, over and over again , what are you a BASC lay preacher ?

Again , Eh !?
Come up short ?
Try listing the success's against the failures.
Try standing back from worshipping at the altar of BASC , and look at what they actually achieved since their inception.
Theyve made a tidy profit for all the interested parties, pushed the BASC agenda, paid the bills and greased some palms.
What they havnt done is fight very hard for shooting rights, the likes of avery and packham send them running for the hills with £50 k worth of crowd funding, you can just imagine the convo in the boardroom , 'Are we fighting this Hugh?'  .. 'God no man , itll impact our profits, I need a healthy bonus this year for my new swimming pool project '

Basc MAKE NOISE, because noise doesnt cost anything.
Get your mind away from seeing them as being a benevolent shooting organisation, that has the ordinary mans back.
They are a profit making BUSINESS, that is all.

I think youve OD ed on it and it sent you batty 

Ok now you go lay down old lad take the weight off your ears. .

Edited by lancer425

It’s simple really. If you believe BASC are worth the membership money, support them by being a member. If you don’t, go elsewhere. 

I never renewed this year, after over 20 years of being a member as I don’t think it’s value for money and they don’t seem to be fighting as much as they should for shooting sports. In my opinion anyway.

I remember a while back they had fund raising for a new state of the art media centre that was going to be used for combatting attacks on shooting. I’ve never once seen or read about BASC representing shooting sports on mainstream TV/media outlets. Now I’m sure that they have but I’ve never personally come across it except for in media aimed for the field sports market.

My point is, if you asked a cross section of society if they have heard of Wild Justice, PETA, LACS, etc etc  or if they have heard of BASC a lot more folk will have heard of the anti field sports community. Likely no one could tell who BASC was or represented. Which considering the membership, money, resources and Media centre BASC has, they should be far more high profile 

22 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

Serious question Where when was this? 

Serious question? Are YOU serious?! 😀

You must have been a bit further away than NZ if you can’t recall any of BASC’s failings! You can’t have missed them all, surely! 
There’s more than one person who has compiled on here, a list of BASC’s inadequacies, or instances of failures to have any impact on encroaching legislation or infringements which impact the very shooters they claim to represent. 
It isn’t a record anyone in their right mind would find acceptable, let alone fund. 

6 minutes ago, Scully said:

Serious question? Are YOU serious?! 😀

You must have been a bit further away than NZ if you can’t recall any of BASC’s failings! You can’t have missed them all, surely! 
There’s more than one person who has compiled on here, a list of BASC’s inadequacies, or instances of failures to have any impact on encroaching legislation or infringements which impact the very shooters they claim to represent. 
It isn’t a record anyone in their right mind would find acceptable, let alone fund. 

i am deathly serious scully. OK if you could just jog my memory then. ?

I mean it i never saw anything they did wrong as i remember and i have a good memory . Just give me something to go on. Please.

Edited by lancer425

19 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

i am deathly serious scully. OK if you could just jog my memory then. ?

I mean it i never saw anything they did wrong as i remember and i have a good memory . Just give me something to go on. Please.

Ok, you’re trying my patience now, and it has to be deliberate given BASC’s history of failing to deliver. 
If this is a game you want to play I fear your judgement of my integrity is misplaced. 

Weigh up all that us shooters have lost as opposed to all that which we have gained in the last forty years. Be honest and don’t treat me like a fool. 

22 minutes ago, Scully said:

Ok, you’re trying my patience now, and it has to be deliberate given BASC’s history of failing to deliver. 
If this is a game you want to play I fear your judgement of my integrity is misplaced. 

Weigh up all that us shooters have lost as opposed to all that which we have gained in the last forty years. Be honest and don’t treat me like a fool. 

I do not mean to offend you, honestly.  I would sincerely appreciate it if you gave me any BASC failing. even one will do for starters. Shooters have lost much, most of it down to knee jerk firearms legislation after hunger ford etc, but BASC. Please give me a failure.