Not being furlough has its drawbacks.

washerboy

I'm one of only 4 of our workforce that hasn't been furloughed, today found out I'm been asked to work a 4 day a week. Having a Friday off. Lads are coming back off furlough and will work 2 days and furloughed for 3. Not great for me as I will lose 6hrs pay. Hope they remembered who ran the machine department when it gets back to normality. 

My word I'm dying to get back to work....for my pay and nothing else! There is talk that I'll be furloughed until the scheme ends though in october so I'm not getting my hopes up.

There is a chance I'll not have a job to go back to anyway with who I work for.... one of northern Ireland's largest employers outside of the civil service but still run by corrupt scumbags....anyone who lives in northern ireland or knows the aerospace industry knows who I'm talking about!

18 minutes ago, Rob85 said:

My word I'm dying to get back to work....for my pay and nothing else! There is talk that I'll be furloughed until the scheme ends though in october so I'm not getting my hopes up.

There is a chance I'll not have a job to go back to anyway with who I work for.... one of northern Ireland's largest employers outside of the civil service but still run by corrupt scumbags....anyone who lives in northern ireland or knows the aerospace industry knows who I'm talking about!

I live in N/I and i don't  know who you are talking about. 

Yeah, not easy. I have a mate whose work colleagues were furloughed due to health issues, whereas he still worked throughout, but for the same money. 
Another has just gone back to work along with the rest of the workforce, and has now been told that there may well be redundancies. 
It’s going to take some time to get back to anything resembling normal.

2 minutes ago, Rob85 said:

East belfasts finest.... bombardier aerospace, short bros PLC

I guessed that, its the ( one of northern Ireland's largest employers outside of the civil service but still run by corrupt scumbags ) i don't  get.  

3 minutes ago, ordnance said:

I guessed that, its the ( one of northern Ireland's largest employers outside of the civil service but still run by corrupt scumbags ) i don't  get.  

Well it's not so obvious to the outside person but when the CEO who was sacked for failure last year gets to walk away with 17.5 million it really doesn't suggest a level playing field.

9 minutes ago, Rob85 said:

Well it's not so obvious to the outside person but when the CEO who was sacked for failure last year gets to walk away with 17.5 million it really doesn't suggest a level playing field.

Yes,  i could manage with a 17.5 million  pay of.  PS I did work in the Queens island factory around 15 years ago.  

2 minutes ago, ordnance said:

Yes,  i could manage with a 17.5 million  pay of.  PS I did work in the Queens island factory around 15 years ago.  

May have come across you then....was still a wee apprentice then with a little hair left haha. CRJ200 gantry at that point

5 hours ago, Rob85 said:

I don't live in NI but have worked in Aerospace and think I know, pretty sure I worked at a sister company,  Airbus laying off and Rolls Royce means the industry is in trouble. 

I started typing this hours ago but got side tracked in work.

5 hours ago, washerboy said:

I'm one of only 4 of our workforce that hasn't been furloughed, today found out I'm been asked to work a 4 day a week. Having a Friday off. Lads are coming back off furlough and will work 2 days and furloughed for 3. Not great for me as I will lose 6hrs pay. Hope they remembered who ran the machine department when it gets back to normality. 

Where I work the entire site is changing hours and shifts to bring people back in spread out over 6 days, and there will still be an awful lot of people at home.

If your losing 6hrs pay, can you not be furloughed for those 6hrs?

Both myself and my wife have continued working throughout as we are both classed as essential workers.

I'm not going to lie, but its been a real kick in the nuts coming home everyday to see neighbors on furlough sunning themselves in the garden, having BBQ's and general treating the whole time as a paid holiday.

I just hope when the Goverment claw the furlough money back via tax increases they remember the people that have continued to contribute keeping the country going throughout this period and some sort of tax breaks are given...........cant see it happening though 🙄   

I’ve been working throughout albeit with at times 3.5 days a week on standby to go at a ring of the phone. 

The biggest worry for me has been getting deskilled in a lot of the things we do, I have definitely been going rusty in the areas that have totally dried up. 

Fortunately the other half got got a new job and a pay rise mid pandemic which has helped avoid too much stress for us. 

I just hope when the Goverment claw the furlough money back via tax increases they remember the people that have continued to contribute keeping the country going throughout this period and some sort of tax breaks are given...........cant see it happening though 

They will claw the furlough money back via tax increase, including your taxes. Most people are on furlough trough no fault of own and would rather be at work. why should they pay extra tax.  

Martin Lewis on why he wants an end to “furlough shaming” online. Speaking to 5 Live's Ask Martin Lewis ...

Worked right threw being told there will be no pay rise this year of maybe next two years as well but we will give you 1 point 2 days holiday to compensate . Folk that where furloughed have been off 4 months bosses say they might no be able to work on site till January 

6 minutes ago, ordnance said:

They will claw the furlough money back via tax increase, including your taxes. Most people are on furlough trough no fault of own and would rather be at work. why should they pay extra tax.  

Martin Lewis on why he wants an end to “furlough shaming” online. Speaking to 5 Live's Ask Martin Lewis ...

Ummmm because somebody will have to pay.

People on furlough haven't paid taxes for 3 months and have been paid 80% of their wages to sit at home, whilst non furlough have paid taxes, gone to work everyday and will probably have to now pick up the cost !

Cant comment on "most people" would rather had been at work but I can comment that I would have rather been on 80% and sat at home sunbathing.    

15 hours ago, Scully said:

Yeah, not easy. I have a mate whose work colleagues were furloughed due to health issues, whereas he still worked throughout, but for the same money. 
Another has just gone back to work along with the rest of the workforce, and has now been told that there may well be redundancies. 
It’s going to take some time to get back to anything resembling normal.

I have a pal in the same situation. He worked through with 1 other and was on the same money as the lads on furlough. The lads on furlough then got cash in hand delivery jobs and he was told yesterday there will be 3 up for redundancy ( out of 8 ) and everyone is in the firing line.

3 hours ago, TRUEBRIT66 said:

I just hope when the Goverment claw the furlough money back via tax increases they remember the people that have continued to contribute keeping the country going throughout this period and some sort of tax breaks are given...........cant see it happening though 🙄   

30 minutes ago, ordnance said:

I did say this on another post a while back.

People who benefit from furlough should pay it back over a number of years - perhaps split with the employer. Say something similar to the student loans - an extra percent on each side of the NI element for people who have been furloughed and returned back to work - because the ones that benefit most are the employer and the employee.

Similar type of thing with Corporation Tax, Self employed etc that benefited from the governments solution. On a group that I am a member of on FB for a particular tool brand there is quite a few people bragging about all the expensive tools they are buying with the money that is coming in to them from the government schemes 😞

The people that have been able to keep working - or have had to work because of being key staff should only have to pick up the shortfall between what the government is getting back against what it has printed. For example - the ones that have been made redundant (however if they still have to continue paying if they get another job and the company if it is able to should pay a levy)

This will more than likely get ripped to pieces but it is my thoughts on it

34 minutes ago, TRUEBRIT66 said:

Ummmm because somebody will have to pay.

People on furlough haven't paid taxes for 3 months and have been paid 80% of their wages to sit at home, whilst non furlough have paid taxes, gone to work everyday and will probably have to now pick up the cost !

Cant comment on "most people" would rather had been at work but I can comment that I would have rather been on 80% and sat at home sunbathing.    

You still pay tax while on furlough, I have had the usual tax and NI deductions. I’m back to work Tuesday after 14 weeks on furlough.

1 hour ago, Taileron said:

I have a pal in the same situation. He worked through with 1 other and was on the same money as the lads on furlough. The lads on furlough then got cash in hand delivery jobs and he was told yesterday there will be 3 up for redundancy ( out of 8 ) and everyone is in the firing line.

Yeah, doesn’t seem fair at all.

People who benefit from furlough should pay it back over a number of years - perhaps split with the employer. Say something similar to the student loans - an extra percent on each side of the NI element for people who have been furloughed and returned back to work - because the ones that benefit most are the employer and the employee.

Pointless talking about it, not going to happen. They would need to have made that clear when they brought the furlough scheme in, trying to do it after would be politically and legally a nonstarter IMO.

1 hour ago, discobob said:

Similar type of thing with Corporation Tax, Self employed etc that benefited from the governments solution. On a group that I am a member of on FB for a particular tool brand there is quite a few people bragging about all the expensive tools they are buying with the money that is coming in to them from the government schemes 😞

The people that have been able to keep working - or have had to work because of being key staff should only have to pick up the shortfall between what the government is getting back against what it has printed. For example - the ones that have been made redundant (however if they still have to continue paying if they get another job and the company if it is able to should pay a levy)

This will more than likely get ripped to pieces but it is my thoughts on it

Are you on furlough. :hmm:

Edited by ordnance