A kick in the gonads.

fatchap

Thanks for the reply's chaps and useful info. It looks like drivers are going to escape the cuts. Unfortunatly 5 hire desk staff went today and apparently thats not the end of it. Workshop, Stores and accounts are next in the firing line.

Felt quite sorry for the 5 that went. Wasn't sure what to say to them, one was in bits screaming about her mortgage, and the look on her face when she had to hand over the keys to her company car I think that was the point when she realised this was actually happening.

Glad I wasn't effected but feel bad for those that are going and those that still don't know if they are safe. Not a nice situation.

Edited by fatchap

10 minutes ago, fatchap said:

Thanks for the reply's chaps and useful info. It looks like drivers are going to escape the cuts. Unfortunatly 5 hire desk staff went today and apparently thats not the end of it. Workshop, Stores and accounts are next in the firing line.

Felt quite sorry for the 5 that went. Wasn't sure what to say to them, one was in bits screaming about her mortgage, and the look on her face when she had to hand over the keys to her company car I think that was the point when she realised this was actually happening.

Glad I wasn't effected but feel bad for those that are going and those that still don't know if they are safe. Not a nice situation.

Well that’s good news for you. I’ve seen some right incidents regarding company cars when made redundant. A mate of mine drove his Porsche around the underground car park pranging other company cars. I parked mine on a double yellow line outside the office when it happened to me. 

I get the feeling that most people on here are not active Facebook users, however if you are then be careful to remove stuff that makes you look stupid, suggest you have poor judgement or a drink problem - yeah seriously.  If it's in the public domain then it's fair game for a prospective employer to do 'due diligence' on you as an individual.   

I guess many are like me and have an account on FB but don't actively use it because many shooting grounds use the social media platform rather than maintaining a web site.

2 hours ago, fatchap said:

Glad you are OK Fatchap.   When I've seen this in companies I've worked in I've switched to an open mind over new opportunities for myself.  Lots of companies are forecasting a rough period through the rest of 2020 and into 2021 so there is more pain ahead. 

Sorry to hear your story but also try your best to find a reason for not sacking you. . . .ie: Try and do something that's better than the rest of your colleagues or do jobs no-one wants to do. It's only lick-*** short term gamble and may give you a swing in your favour when it's crunch time. Good luck

20 hours ago, team tractor said:

It’s been a weird year I won’t argue.

this year I’ve been locked up, thrown out my house, bailed for 3 months , lost all my guns, wife’s left with another guy after a 3 month affair only 6 months after the wedding  ,  had 4 months awaiting results for possible testicular cancer. ( all clear ) 
I’ll  be glad when 2020 is over. 🙈🙈🙈🙈

If you are serious then that is a year I wouldn't want , mind you we still have got five months left and things could get better ,..........or heaven forbid it could get worse :no:

Hi Fatchap

Glad you aren't in the firing line but things can change. 

May I suggest that when the dust settles you see what you can do to consolidate your role in the company? 

Some might say it's sucking up to management I would say it's protecting yourself from any future cuts as they would have invested more in you. so look at any professional courses they would pay for or even a First Aid qualification if they are short of First Aiders?

cheers

gdadphil  

1 hour ago, marsh man said:

If you are serious then that is a year I wouldn't want , mind you we still have got five months left and things could get better ,..........or heaven forbid it could get worse 

Yup and found out my life’s been a lie for 8 years. Onwards and upwards I guess 🤣. If I don’t laugh I’ll cry. I’m just glad the lies have came out and I’m back in my house . I also have a lot of support too. I’ve never done anything and I guess that’s what hurt

1 hour ago, Benthejockey said:

@team tractor on a positive note you haven't lopped off any appendages so far so that's a bonus. Keep positive matey it will get better! 

Sliced my finger twice last month already 🤣. It can’t get worse surely 😢

22 hours ago, JTaylor91 said:

Jesus, I wish you all the best in 2021. 

Cheers . 

Edited by team tractor

14 hours ago, Taileron said:

WOW, that’s a show stopping year. I had a carbon copy of that year 8 years ago ( no testicular cancer ) as my wife got “ lonely” whilst I was deployed in Afghanistan. A mate at the time gave me a gem of advice when he said “ your divorce is going to cost a fortune, you know why don’t you?.....Because everything that’s expensive is worth it” 

Best of luck mate. Hopefully things improve👍

Cheers . It’s been a long 4-5 months . I found friends I never realised I had . 

On 03/07/2020 at 21:47, team tractor said:

Cheers . It’s been a long 4-5 months . I found friends I never realised I had . 

That's a shocker, thought that was wind up to start with and then realised it wasnt! ATB for the future and hope you get everything back on track