Interesting choice of forum advert

Benthejockey

2 hours ago, WalkedUp said:

Adverts are tailored upon your cookies... 🤔

I'm not convinced,  I think it's a mix, I was looking at Lansky sharpeners yesterday,  I get those adverts but I've not been looking at bathrooms?? Or the WWF

6 hours ago, Mice! said:

I'm not convinced,  I think it's a mix, I was looking at Lansky sharpeners yesterday,  I get those adverts but I've not been looking at bathrooms?? Or the WWF

Has your wife been looking at bathrooms and your son looking at WWF? 

8 hours ago, Mice! said:

They definitely aren't tailored to our search history. I've no interest in bumming and haven't been searching it. If it came up with reams and reams of rifle adverts or sheep market prices then I'd believe it. 

46 minutes ago, Benthejockey said:

They definitely aren't tailored to our search history. I've no interest in bumming and haven't been searching it. If it came up with reams and reams of rifle adverts or sheep market prices then I'd believe it. 

Shaun watch your back 😀😀😀

3 hours ago, WalkedUp said:

Has your wife been looking at bathrooms and your son looking at WWF? 

I came home and said " have you been looking at bathrooms " its certainly a strange one.

1 hour ago, Benthejockey said:

interest in bumming

1 hour ago, Benthejockey said:

or sheep

Hang on a minute 🤣🤣🤣

14 hours ago, Benthejockey said:

Christ knows what I've been googling but it doesn't include anal memoirs! 

Although I did just **** on the wife's feet 😂

Trump 

I saw that.. Nothing searched on my mobile. I always get random adds. No reason for most if not all the adds I see

I’m totally convinced that info is collected by voice unknowingly. Alexa, Siri whatever. 

I discussed over the phone, sisters options for a retaining wall in her garden. We decided sleepers would be perfect and she would explore costs. Next thing I knew is adverts for them are popping up. Proven it time and again, disbelievers can try it for themselves.

All jokes aside, I’ll bet Ben made some quip in the house about siting on his ***** or such like and then the info was collected.

1 minute ago, turbo33 said:

I’m totally convinced that info is collected by voice unknowingly. Alexa, Siri whatever. 

I discussed over the phone, sisters options for a retaining wall in her garden. We decided sleepers would be perfect and she would explore costs. Next thing I knew is adverts for them are popping up. Proven it time and again, disbelievers can try it for themselves.

All jokes aside, I’ll bet Ben made some quip in the house about siting on his ***** or such like and then the info was collected.

100% 

far to much information gathered and stored 

1 hour ago, Old farrier said:

Have you got any pretty and friendly ones for sale?

Asking for a friend 🤭

I've got one that's pretty unfriendly, he's a bit bunty! 

39 minutes ago, turbo33 said:

The baby at the minute loves a good trump and thinks its really funny so there's often talk about bums and trumps. We likely are being listened to all the time. 

1 hour ago, turbo33 said:

Don't doubt it's, we have an Alexa,  great for instant music,  but you know there listening. 

2 hours ago, Old farrier said:

Have you got any pretty and friendly ones for sale?

Asking for a friend 🤭

Made me laugh 😄😄😄

On 04/07/2020 at 13:23, turbo33 said:

Yep, just think of something you have never talked about or searched for previously ( we used vacuum cleaner), then have a conversation in front of your Alexa / phone about how you need to buy this thing, whats the best one to buy etc etc. Then watch as the adverts start popping up.

Truly nightmarish stuff.