Daystate Huntsman Revere

Ttfjlc

1 hour ago, villaman said:

Still keeping the **** sling shot hammer system, shot count is very low in FAC and it’s still over rated , overpriced , that’s daystate for you 

It does look nice and I'm guessing the low shot count keeps the weight down making the gun handle better, how many rabbits can one person carry?

6 hours ago, Ttfjlc said:

Someone said around £1050 :good:

I'd want a stock upgrade so it would be more than that, so it's a pass from me 😏

7 hours ago, Mice! said:

how many rabbits can one person carry?

How does that fit in with any airgun design and manufacture ?

So by you thinking and saying that, should every airgun be a single shot only ?

Just saying like 😉

10 minutes ago, JKD said:

How does that fit in with any airgun design and manufacture ?

So by you thinking and saying that, should every airgun be a single shot only ?

Just saying like 😉

Not at all,  Villaman said the shot count is low in Fac but its enough for a hunting session,  I shoot an R10 and R7 so have plenty of air, but this Daystate is going to be lighter.

13 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Not at all,  Villaman said the shot count is low in Fac but its enough for a hunting session,  I shoot an R10 and R7 so have plenty of air, but this Daystate is going to be lighter.

Sorry, being picky tonight 😊 so don't take this the wrong way....

Villaman didn't say it's enough for a hunting session, so you must be saying it,,,, or am I reading that wrong ? Just don't understand why you'd say "how many rabbits can one person carry" in the context of Villa man's post and this gun's shot count ? Or any gun's shot count for that matter 🤭

Anyway, it does look nice and, but for the price, would make a lovely companion for my HW100, BSA Ultra and BSA S10 👍

20 minutes ago, JKD said:

Sorry, being picky tonight

Aren't you just 🤣🤣 

shot count is very low in FAC ⬅️ that's what Villaman said, so why is the shot count low? It's a hunting rifle surely and yes I said how many rabbits can one person carry, I  think forty shots for a hunting rifle is plenty if its fac.

Not in sub twelve though if you like to plink as well. 

Personally  my minimum shot count is 30 from any pcp .

I had one of my guns doing about 22 shots and it was a bit limiting .

Couple of zero checkers at the start of a session.say  10 - 12 hunting shots and your starting to watch your air gauge and conserve the few remaining pellets you have wondering about the drop off at 50 plus yards..

I added a longer air tube  and got the shot count up to 30+  (3 mags worth ) and now im happy and can take the gun on a nice half day hunt .

8 hours ago, Mice! said:

Aren't you just 🤣🤣 

shot count is very low in FAC ⬅️ that's what Villaman said, so why is the shot count low? It's a hunting rifle surely and yes I said how many rabbits can one person carry, I  think forty shots for a hunting rifle is plenty if its fac.

Not in sub twelve though if you like to plink as well. 

Thank you for the explanation 😊

In the spec it does state that in sub 12 it can do 160 shots in .22 and 140 in .177, which is quite a high figure in comparison to other similar air rifles.

Can't help but feel Daystate are clutching at straws with this one. Yes it looks kind of nice with a side lever. It needs a stock which has a comb riser.

The FAC model in .22 gives a relatively low number of shots (30) so it's a nice from me but a "not interested and won't buy" at the same time.

I love my .177 bolt action regal in sub 12 ft lbs which is a keeper. Why would anyone buy a Revere?        

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...