mainly" not another one

ditchman

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9 July 2020 at 13:15, JDog said:

For those that don't understand these things the antler required is very specific. I sent Ditchman all sorts of antler including some from a Fallow deer and he threw the whole lot in the bin.

Yes, I think most of what I sent to Ditchman also went the same way. I would like to think that some bits were of some use.

OB

3 hours ago, Old Boggy said:

Yes, I think most of what I sent to Ditchman also went the same way. I would like to think that some bits were of some use.

OB

i think the stuff you sent me was spot on ...if i can remember rightly..:good:

if it is from a big red ....its bound to be alright

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/07/2020 at 21:51, ditchman said:

Thank you all for you comments.............the reason i do document it.....is im sure it will give other folk the confidence to try something.........

time to close the thread now........the rivet is in now so it doesnt belong to me anymore....given its final polish...and i will hang on to it until next week...and then with difficulty i will post it off.......as i say before each one is unnique .....thats why i enjoy making them...and knowing they will stay with someone and it will make them smile.......

suppose i better get on with my shooting table and stuff.......

nevs 001tn_.JPG

nevs 002tn_.JPG

nevs 003tn_.JPG

nevs 004tn_.JPG

nevs 005tn_.JPG

nevs 006tn_.JPG

I had the honour of holding this today at Nevilles house. Absolutely perfection.

On 09/07/2020 at 21:51, ditchman said:

Thank you all for you comments.............the reason i do document it.....is im sure it will give other folk the confidence to try something.........

time to close the thread now........the rivet is in now so it doesnt belong to me anymore....given its final polish...and i will hang on to it until next week...and then with difficulty i will post it off.......as i say before each one is unnique .....thats why i enjoy making them...and knowing they will stay with someone and it will make them smile.......

suppose i better get on with my shooting table and stuff.......

nevs 001tn_.JPG

nevs 002tn_.JPG

nevs 003tn_.JPG

nevs 004tn_.JPG

nevs 005tn_.JPG

nevs 006tn_.JPG

The photos of each stage of construction also shows the time spent and your skill and total dedication to provide what has got to be one of the nicest, unique and purposeful knives available.

Those of us who now own one consider ourselves to be most fortunate and privileged.

Mine is used almost daily and is highly treasured.

Thanks again Simon.

Chris

1 minute ago, Walker570 said:

I have to add that the blade on mine you could shave with. 

Opinel certainly got the steel right...not too hard so you dont spend all day getting and edge and not to soft so the edge disapears...and it is a full scandi grind both sides so you can choose how sharpe you want it..

On 26/07/2020 at 09:31, Old Boggy said:

The photos of each stage of construction also shows the time spent and your skill and total dedication to provide what has got to be one of the nicest, unique and purposeful knives available.

Those of us who now own one consider ourselves to be most fortunate and privileged.

Mine is used almost daily and is highly treasured.

Thanks again Simon.

Chris

Used my Ditchy knife just now to breast out some of yesterday`s pigeons.

The keen eyed amongst you will notice that not all the breasts have that thin layer of lighter meat that lies against the breast bone. My neighbour`s cat invariably turns up when I`m in the shed doing pigeons and just loves those little bits of meat. It`s funny that she never misses a bit thrown to her, but place a bit on the ground unseen and she has a problem finding it. Their eyesight must be a bit like a pigeons, susceptible to movement, but generally not to static objects.

OB

IMG_0635.JPG