Imperial game vs driven grouse

Im looking to buy suitable game cartridges for a recently aquired side by side with 65mm chambers, im struggling between hull imperial game and driven grouse, is there a reason to choose one over the other?

Is the driven grouse a hotter loaded cartridge one might not want to push through an old english hammer gun? The hard coppered shot drew my attention as it might give slightly denser patterns through my fairly open chokes.

Guest cookoff013

Just pick any. They all have to conform to pressure limits. The hotter one is probably a touch faster. 

Most manufacturers pad there clai.s.

Claims

I think the Grouse is probably the better quality. And available in English # 6 1/2. As if you are shooting mostly pheasant and some woodcock then IMHO 6 1/2 is better than 6. If you were near to Leicester I'd let you have subject to SGC and lockdown protocols a handful of Hull's paper case in 6 to try if it helped. 

Edited by enfieldspares

2 hours ago, enfieldspares said:

I think the Grouse is probably the better quality. And available in English # 6 1/2. As if you are shooting mostly pheasant and some woodcock then IMHO 6 1/2 is better than 6. If you were near to Leicester I'd let you have subject to SGC and lockdown protocols a handful of Hull's paper case in 6 to try if it helped. 

Yep.

All I would add is what is best is what suits you and the gun regarding comfort and patterns respectively. Sometimes a "hot" load can have an adverse affect on patterns. Before lashing out loads of dosh unnecessarily, you could just try the nice slow  Gamebore Super Game High Bird.

I now only ever use Hull or Lylvale. And I have always been a huge fan of Lylvale ever since when it was founded by Mumtaz Daftary back in the way back when. It's a modern go ahead company that doesn't promote itself on the back of past glories now a century ago selling as a product of marque what was, back in the day, actually its cheapest and lowest quality product. 

Edited by enfieldspares