Not what I expected

Paul5tag

7 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

Try a heavier, harder pellet - 30ft/lb is not ideal for many Airgun pellets.AA Field Heavy would be my suggestion.

I’m using jab 15.89 grains  and they have been better than the bisley mags and the barracuda 19 gr .

10 minutes ago, old'un said:

Are they all shot at the same range (33yards) or those marked on the card?

What rifle?

Yes there all at the same range the second lot all same point of aim .

10 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

errrr ?? snatch ?

Results look to similar for snatch.

A little clarification please .

So your using a daystatehuntsman fac .22 wirh jsb jumbo 16 grn 

And not the hw springer  in the photo .?

U change po aim after the first group and stick with it .and the groups slowy drifts off high and right as the pressure drops in the cylinder from what pressures start to finish  ? 

I would check 

First your pressure /energy .

Then .scope mounts tight .

Silencer tight .stock bolts tight. 

Barrel tight ..

Check in the silencer for a loose baffle .

3 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

U change po aim after the first group and stick with it .and the groups slowy drifts off high and right as the pressure drops in the cylinder from what pressures start to finish  ? 

Yes Daystate and jsb 16 gr. Not the springer. Yes your correct about the point of aim in first photo but I keep the same poi for the second photos,

the pressures in the cylinder is 200 and drop off to just above 100.

9 minutes ago, old'un said:

Has the forward barrel support come lose?

No it seems  tight. And secure.

818472AD-14A3-4A43-90C4-178A1846CB9C.jpeg

22 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

I would check 

First your pressure /energy .

Then .scope mounts tight .

Silencer tight .stock bolts tight. 

Barrel tight ..

Check in the silencer for a loose baffle .

Ok thanks for those points I’ll get on to it ASAP.

5 hours ago, 8 shot said:

So to me the results are consistant, POI creeps to the right and high the further away you go, would that not suggest the scope is not aligned properly. For me i would take the scope and mounts off and start again. 

All shots were taken at the same distance of 33yds ,I have checked the scope and mounts all seems fine in that area.Not been out to check today as it’s very windy.

Ok .so if you refill back to 200 bar .does the gun shoot well and back to expected point of impact at 33 yds.? .does this wandering off only happen as the pressure in the air tube  drops ? 

This can be a due to a few factors .

But i would say that the pellet is beginning to spiral as the pressure drops .

Edited by Ultrastu

1 hour ago, Paul5tag said:

All shots were taken at the same distance of 33yds ,I have checked the scope and mounts all seems fine in that area.Not been out to check today as it’s very windy.

That does sound odd, you say the gun is 4 years old, as it been shooting ok until now?

I would suggest that either your scope is not evenly clamped or you have issues with the mounts.

Remove one of the scope mounts (it matters not which one) turn it back to front so that the original left hand side is now on the right, re shoot your groups after zero'ing...... I had this issue with poor quality mounts.

Hi lads, thanks for all your advice and help so just to update on the current situation. Took the mod of to give it a look over and the barrel adapter came off with it and out fell a ‘o’ ring, a quick look on the internet at a exploded view of the gun and it appeared to be in the wrong place. It was my understanding by the diagram that the o ring should be seated around the barrel , there by centralising the barrel within the barrel shroud and above that a aluminium barrel aligning fork . Also there appeared to be two smaller o rings which sat around a spigot on the aligning fork, I did not come across these but luckily enough I had two that seemed to do the business. Anyhow put it all back together as I thought it should be as per diagram and I’ve shot about a 140 pellets through it and it seems to be on song. Just to clarify a point this is a new gun to me having only bought it a week or so ago. Any way here is my last effort. And once again thanks for your comments.A406FED3-9569-4E03-99E4-AA8B7FEC14FC.jpeg.4b99a7c708e79ef2fbfaf5900f4ca6a3.jpeg

38 minutes ago, Dasher said:

Not being funny but unless these groups were shot under far less than ideal conditions then either you need to change your pellet choice or you still have gun issues.

@Paul5tag.... I'm with Dasher here. Please don't take offence, but at 33yds any gun should be making cloverleaf holes approximately 10mm across. And your "rabbits head" should be 'rabbit's brain' 😉