Not what I expected

Paul5tag

12 minutes ago, London Best said:

With respect, it could now just be down to ‘pilot error’.

Yes as I’ve said it’s a new gun to me and I do believe I need to practice with it , but I’m not a paper puncher at heart,but you’re comments have given me something to think about and no offence taken.  Cheers.

If it were me I would be trying different pellets - it can be a pita finding the right one but when you do you will know immediately. On other forums specifically airgun related there is a very helpful chap that sells pellet try packs with 10 different makes in - saves investing £135 ish in 9 out of 10 tins that are not so good

Running my AA510 at 25ft lbs - I had to try quite a few different pellets before finding the right one for my barrel.

Any advice that this or that pellet will work is a punt in the dark, all barrels are different.

Use bags or a clamp to support the rifle whilst testing to take out possible user error as Walker570 quite rightly says, we have all been there

12 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

No offence meant by my earlier comment. We can all do it, believe me and sometimes it can be consistent, particularly with rifle mount and picture in the scope all put together.

Been there, done it.

Well lads I thought I’d got sorted ,but it appears not. After having found the above possible cause as mentioned earlier took the gun out to check before going out on the rabbits and I was back to square one! So two hours later, scope off ,replacement scope on much the same, so original scope back on ,then a visit to the internet airgun forums,I came away with the idea to try the single shot loading tray as someone had had bother with the Daystate magazine. You may well be right about it been driver error so I’m going to give it a rest and come back to it. Anyway here’s my results at 33yds It looked like single loading was the way forward then I put the mag back in  you decide I’m puddled. By the way I’ve not taken any offence as all comments have been constructive and I would be the first to admit I’m far from a perfect shot .cheers Paul.505DE386-0022-4910-A8D2-42EF2B42B1BD.jpeg.6634c2c067e2a4fc3def6be0a0668668.jpeg

two things would be helpful now

1. making sure the gun is unloaded take the mod off and take a picture for us of the barrel looking down into it so we can see the crown and any possible damage

2. Assuming your scope says on it 1/4 or 1/8 moa Get a plain piece of a4 draw on it 4 crosses as the corners of a 6inch square - shoot 3 shots at the top left corner and then turn your scope turret 20 clicks to the right, 3 more shots, now 20 clicks down, 3 more shots, 20 clicks left, 3 more shots, 20 clicks up 3 more shots 

This is called the square test - put the results on her with a pic - if your scope is good then you should have shot 4 corners of a square (within the 6 inch boundaries) and returned to your original corner - if it is not good the we should be able to see this

37 minutes ago, 243deer said:

two things would be helpful now

1. making sure the gun is unloaded take the mod off and take a picture for us of the barrel looking down into it so we can see the crown and any possible damage

2. Assuming your scope says on it 1/4 or 1/8 moa Get a plain piece of a4 draw on it 4 crosses as the corners of a 6inch square - shoot 3 shots at the top left corner and then turn your scope turret 20 clicks to the right, 3 more shots, now 20 clicks down, 3 more shots, 20 clicks left, 3 more shots, 20 clicks up 3 more shots 

This is called the square test - put the results on her with a pic - if your scope is good then you should have shot 4 corners of a square (within the 6 inch boundaries) and returned to your original corner - if it is not good the we should be able to see this

Ok will try to do this in next couple of days thanks for the suggestion 243 deer👍

Alot of faults to be sorted here and I'm not sure where to start !

How are you setting your parallax ?

Has the barrel been cleaned ?

Are you shooting bench rested ?

Is the barrel free floating ?

Groups look too tight for silencer clipping but would check by painting exit with tippex.

Try using a different rifle to compare group pattern and a visit to an indoor range may help.

Well here goes, after trawling various air rifle forums and hearing the woes of Daystate owners it appears that barrel / shroud moderator problems are quite common, so I decided to remove the shroud and check things out. I found a o ring which I had stuffed back in previously was split ( me and my rough technique) so as look would have I had another and this time replaced it with my new improved technique. Everything back together down for a test ,still not good. Remove one mod replaced with another ! Worse, took mod off tried again, hey ho a group. Then another group but I felt if I carried on without a mod I would be getting a visit from the armed response team.

so in curiosity I replaced my original HW mod back on ,and it grouped .Having Zeroed up this is what I shot . This is my rest set up and the barrel was cleaned when I got the rifle. By the way 243deer I haven’t done the square test as yet . I dare not move the zero but I will after a bit more testing. Appreciate your comments .ATB Paul 037B4A83-0DCF-495D-A76D-3F9DC8AEBDB4.jpeg.9c50a795ebf1d73215082e5734f8faf3.jpeg500C8C03-140C-401B-B2AF-C796F59A7747.jpeg.38c692e1e809a71fb7220c5abe9f2652.jpeg