Lawn mower

WalkedUp

My lawn mower wouldn’t start halfway through the lawn, which is very unusual. I knew it had fuel as I had just refuelled it 5 mins prior with our 1 year old helping hold and replace the fuel cap. Couldn’t persuade it to work and when priming I noticed there was no fuel in the bulb, looked into the tank and noticed a huge amount of grass in there 🙈 I assume it has clogged the supply line to prime the carburettor but have no idea how to clear it without replacing parts on a Sunday 😢

8 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

My lawn mower wouldn’t start halfway through the lawn, which is very unusual. I knew it had fuel as I had just refuelled it 5 mins prior with our 1 year old helping hold and replace the fuel cap. Couldn’t persuade it to work and when priming I noticed there was no fuel in the bulb, looked into the tank and noticed a huge amount of grass in there 🙈 I assume it has clogged the supply line to prime the carburettor but have no idea how to clear it without replacing parts on a Sunday 😢

take the tank off and unscreww the bit where the pipe joins the tank and there should be a gauze filter ....clean and replace

He’s obsessed with cutting the grass and loves the lawn mower. Drawn to it like a moth to a flame. I pop him on my shoulders to cut the lawn so he’s out of harm’s way, but the mixture of machinery and toddlers gives me anxiety, it gets locked away and he has changed his tractor into a toy lawn mower. I just took the air filter off and he started sucking the oily sponge 🙈

21 minutes ago, chilly1981 said:

My old next door neighbours lad did this to his 6 month old jag reckon hose must have been on for about 2 hours 🙈 

same kid also “repainted” the mums rover with pink emulsion 

Lovely and clean, no need to worry about emissions 😂👍