Favourite biscuits for dunking

Old Boggy

Being a persistent biscuit dunker, I was wondering which biscuits, if any, people prefer for dunking. I know that I should really get a life and have more important issues to think about, but I prefer ordinary digestives for dunking. However, we recently bought some 'Choc Chip Digestives' from Sainsbury and they are so absorbent that one second dunking and they are completely soggy to the point of dropping off in the cup of tea or coffee. Others such as rich tea can take several minutes before becoming remotely moist.

I know, I really should get out more :whistling:

So what's your favourite ?

OB

Edited by Old Boggy

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

Chocolate containing biscuit dunking is fraught with danger. You're playing with fire doing such crazy things. For me it's a classic digestive or hobnob, but definitely no chocolate. Rich Teas are good, but liable to breaking and leaving a mess in the bottom of the cup. 

image.jpeg.2a586bc2c04ea397471272d159e64076.jpeg

The Australians do a thing with Timtams (a bit like Penguin biscuits) where they take them from the fridge, nibble off both ends and suck the tea or coffee through the biscuit middle. The cold chocolate keeps it intact and as soon as it starts to melt, you eat the whole thing.

One of the best things I’ve eaten. I could fancy one right now...

I prefer to take a bite of biscuit ( anything with chocolate ), then take a sip of coffee , then close my eyes and chew as the flavours melt together in an angelic chorus .

Call me a maverick,  but that's just the way we roll in tipton.

It also saves me from getting mushy biscuit down the front of my tshirt. 

4 minutes ago, Dougy said:

Slightly off your normal biscuits, i can recommend a Tunnocks Caramel Wafer, you cant over dunk these, they stay pretty much intact.  

http://www.tunnock.co.uk/products/caramel-wafer/

Putting tunnocks in front of me whether it's the wafer or the teacakes is like putting a syringe of heroin in front of an addict, I could polish off the packet like it was nothing.

Apart from that it's choccy hobnobs for dipping or foxes Viennese 

46 minutes ago, Townie said:

The Australians do a thing with Timtams (a bit like Penguin biscuits) where they take them from the fridge, nibble off both ends and suck the tea or coffee through the biscuit middle. The cold chocolate keeps it intact and as soon as it starts to melt, you eat the whole thing.

One of the best things I’ve eaten. I could fancy one right now...

You can do that with Kit Kats and Twix.