Favourite biscuits for dunking

Old Boggy

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like us non dunkers are well and truly out numbers by the P W dunkers brigade , maybe because the last time I tried it I got my ole size Wagon Wheel stuck in the top of the cup and haven't bothered since , we haven't heard from our good friend ditchy in the Norfolk out backs on this subject yet , I recon he is a right old dunker for custard creams ? .:hmm:

18 minutes ago, marsh man said:

It looks like us non dunkers are well and truly out numbers by the P W dunkers brigade , maybe because the last time I tried it I got my ole size Wagon Wheel stuck in the top of the cup and haven't bothered since , we haven't heard from our good friend ditchy in the Norfolk out backs on this subject yet , I recon he is a right old dunker for custard creams ? .

Bet he holds his little finger up . But 😎

Guest cookoff013
1 hour ago, Mr_Nobody said:

A mate of mine dunks bacon butties.

when i was severely pushed for time, it wasnt unheard of for me to use my latte in my cornflakes. 

1 hour ago, marsh man said:

It looks like us non dunkers are well and truly out numbers by the P W dunkers brigade , maybe because the last time I tried it I got my ole size Wagon Wheel stuck in the top of the cup and haven't bothered since , we haven't heard from our good friend ditchy in the Norfolk out backs on this subject yet , I recon he is a right old dunker for custard creams ? .:hmm:

Blimey, Wagon Wheels, do they still make them ? That must have been some time ago John :whistling:

4 minutes ago, ditchman said:
  1. gingernuts
  2. boubon (chocolate ones)
  3. digestive
  4. rich tea.........(these have to be done at light speed as they will flop)

There you go , I knew as soon Simon had finished his breakfast and dunked the last gingernut he would be on here telling us the best dunkers , mind you , are we talking about tea or coffee , and what go with what , tell yer what, this is all getting a bit confusing for a dunker who is on the band wagon :drinks:

2 hours ago, Mr_Nobody said:

1 hour ago, cookoff013 said:

when i was severely pushed for time, it wasnt unheard of for me to use my latte in my cornflakes. 

It just gets worse. I'm gonna have to have a lie down. And these people are allowed to vote? Criminal

There is one pleasure left to me,                                                                                                                                                                                        that"s dunking biscuits in my tea,                                                                                                                                                                                            the biscuit  should with upward flip,                                                                                                                                                                                land squarely on one"s bottom lip,                                                                                                                                                                                forgot the rest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8 hours ago, johnphilip said:

Yes could end up someone getting a ban if  they say the wrong one 😀 .

I hate see people dunk cake , that is so wrong 😀

Cake dunkers are just dirty dirty xxxxx xxx. 

8 hours ago, ClemFandango said:

Have you been spying on me?

Don't beat yourself up , we all need a hobby.

8 hours ago, WalkedUp said:

In meetings with contractors I’m happy to dunk, in meetings with clients there is an awkward pretence. We clearly both want to dunk but do not want to show our true feelings. As if we are set in a Mills & Boon novel sponsored by McVities. 

So you're still in the closet? , you should just be open about it , it's not frowned upon half as much these days .

7 hours ago, WalkedUp said:

Between consenting adults surely there is no harm? 

It's still dirty .

7 hours ago, The Heron said:

Well I don't wear the wife's pants as they are to big and don't fit. 😂😂

You'll be getting the dunking if she ever sees that one.

7 hours ago, Mr_Nobody said:

It's just better to stay away from some people.

6 hours ago, marsh man said:

If ever their was a reason not to dunk , this is it , let it stand as a lesson to all dunkers.

5 hours ago, cookoff013 said:

I vaguely remember eating cornflakes and chinzano early one morning . 

4 hours ago, ditchman said:

scones dunked and crumbled in pea&ham soup

Is this some kind of fetish thing ?, we're you wearing your rubber wellies at the time ?.

A bourbon is definitely a good dunking biscuit, but the classic rich tea is hard to go past, mainly because of the thrill of the added jeopardy of a nano second too long and you're left dunkin' dejected with sludgy tea 

However, for proper biscuit indulgence the humble digestive, spread thick with butter and a good slice of extra mature cheddar cheese and another digestive on top to make the sandwich 🤤 (not for dunking, just scoffing)

10 minutes ago, grrclark said:

A bourbon is definitely a good dunking biscuit, but the classic rich tea is hard to go past, mainly because of the thrill of the added jeopardy of a nano second too long and you're left dunkin' dejected with sludgy tea 

However, for proper biscuit indulgence the humble digestive, spread thick with butter and a good slice of extra mature cheddar cheese and another digestive on top to make the sandwich 🤤 (not for dunking, just scoffing)

Good god chap , what are you thinking , that's as bad as dunking cake 😢.

29 minutes ago, grrclark said:

I've had digestives with cheese but I can't say I've ever buttered one. I would go one further than cheddar though and say add a nice slice of Stilton.

5 minutes ago, Mr_Nobody said:

I've had digestives with cheese but I can't say I've ever buttered one. I would go one further than cheddar though and say add a nice slice of Stilton.

The butter adds some jeopardy too, when the biscuit breaks as it inevitably will then will it be dry side or buttered side landing on your shirt?

Stilton is good too.  Add the butter.

26 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

Good god chap , what are you thinking , that's as bad as dunking cake 😢.

Cheesy digestive sandwich is life at its finest Mel, washed down with a splash of red plonk.  Take a walk on the shady side of biscuit street, that’s where all the cool kids hang out.

11 minutes ago, grrclark said:

The butter adds some jeopardy too, when the biscuit breaks as it inevitably will then will it be dry side or buttered side landing on your shirt?

Stilton is good too.  Add the butter.

Cheesy digestive sandwich is life at its finest Mel, washed down with a splash of red plonk.  Take a walk on the shady side of biscuit street, that’s where all the cool kids hang out.

Ahh, fine biscuitry with added gamble. I like the way you think good sir. I shall give it a try. :good:

Listen to the man Mel, he clearly knows his stuff. Although for my own personal taste I'd rather go with a nice glass of port rather  than red wine.

1 hour ago, grrclark said:

However, for proper biscuit indulgence the humble digestive,  a good slice of TASTY LANCASHIRE cheese and another digestive on top to make the sandwich 

The stronger the cheese the better BUT it MUST be taken out of the fridge for sufficient time for it to breathe

in an emergency extra mature cheddar or Stilton may be substituted

6 hours ago, grrclark said:

6 hours ago, Mr_Nobody said:

Ahh, fine biscuitry with added gamble. I like the way you think good sir. I shall give it a try. :good:

Listen to the man Mel, he clearly knows his stuff. Although for my own personal taste I'd rather go with a nice glass of port rather  than red wine.

Who was it that said  " we should try everything once , except incest ,  and digestives with butter and cheese " .

1 hour ago, mel b3 said:

Who was it that said  " we should try everything once , except incest ,  and digestives with butter and cheese " .

I think that was you. :hmm: