Side by side top lever

44 minutes ago, captainhastings said:

Only acquired the gun about a year ago. Like I say been quoted 80.00 now.  Won't be able to get it there for a week or two so will use as it is for time being

The gun could be 40 to 50 years old and as you say, you do not know it's history. It looks to be in reasonable condition inside, so should give you many years of trouble free shooting.  BUT, remember it's age, things can wear out, bits can drop off or break, I know because I was around 35 when that gun was built and bits are now breaking or dropping off me   !      😂  Get it fixed, enjoy it and look after it.

I have an O/U Trap version of a Pigeon Grade, mechanically sound,  but just a small crack in the forend. I do know it's history over the last 40 years and it still gets the occasional outing.   

18 hours ago, captainhastings said:

No it is definitely the top lever locking plate screw that has sheared. The spring is fine and I assembled with out it and every thing functions as it should.

£80 for a service plus parts if needed so will get it booked in

Hello, that sounds reasonable, good luck 

• 3 weeks later...

Well I took it to another shop in my area and he charged £50 took 4 days to order the part and fit it. Had it on the pigeons this afternoon and it was flawless. Well chuffed. I pulled off some great shots at least for me and it was a pleasure to use. So much prefer it over me hatsan semi which seems so bulky in comparison.  I love it. Am I allowed to name the shop ? Be nice to give the fella a bit of support

On 06/07/2020 at 13:54, captainhastings said:

No it is definitely the top lever locking plate screw that has sheared. The spring is fine and I assembled with out it and every thing functions as it should.

£80 for a service plus parts if needed so will get it booked in

Gunsmith is Definitely the way forward 👍🏼

17 hours ago, captainhastings said:

Well I took it to another shop in my area and he charged £50 took 4 days to order the part and fit it. Had it on the pigeons this afternoon and it was flawless. Well chuffed. I pulled off some great shots at least for me and it was a pleasure to use. So much prefer it over me hatsan semi which seems so bulky in comparison.  I love it. Am I allowed to name the shop ? Be nice to give the fella a bit of support

Great. It's always cheering when there's a follow up to an earlier problem and the follow up gives good news. Thank you for the update.

• 3 years later...