Kitchen utensils/glue

JKD

Would anyone know what glue to use for 'sticking' back the plastic utensil ends onto their metal stems ? Bought a set a couple of years ago and all six items have become detached,,,, very annoying 😣🙄

Any help much appreciated.

2 hours ago, JKD said:

Thanks for the answers so far,,,, I was thinking that there might be something specific I could use, bearing in mind that it involves food and heat etc 🤔

Any of my wife's cooking would do the trick

used by NASA for Shuttle ceramic tiles

2 minutes ago, Diver One said:

Hahaha,,,, might have changed my mind about the Epoxy 🤭😂

If Epoxy doesn't work I'll get back to you 😆

Edited by JKD

1 minute ago, 12gauge82 said:

Something like this, although you'll probably get it cheaper elsewhere.

Cheers for that, and at that price it's OK as each utensil cost about the same 🙂

Just now, Dougy said:

Was it the dishwasher that caused it ? Its the drying stage that doesn't do the glue any good. I would imagine any epoxy will do the job. 

Don’t own a dishwasher so no it wasn't that. I often leave them to soak in water so maybe that, or,,,, cheap tat that's made in China/Taiwan etc 😣

Thanks for all the help 👍

21 hours ago, Diver One said:

I remember when I watched the first shot from the nearby beach that the radio station announcer mentioned that the tiles were mainly fitted by college students making some extra bucks as all the tiles were numbered.

Would you get a student to tile your bathroom?

A Shuttle went down over Texas due to some tiles being missing later in on the programme.

1 minute ago, JohnfromUK said:

I suspect it may be a 'non stick' type of plastic (as nylon is).  Glue isn't very good with those types of plastic ........

I think you are right John, as there doesn't seem to be any glue residue on the loose ends. I'll try the Epoxy and see what happens 😉 

JB weld or Araldite two pack epoxy. Make sure you clean the metal with acetone (nail varnish remover) and the hole in the handle.Rough up the metal mix up the epoxy and cover the metal with it. Then when you put it back in the handle pull it in and out two or three times so the epoxy gets well distributed on the metal and inside the handle. Use a slow 24 hour epoxy rather than the 5 minute ones.

Cheers for the advice guys. It's plastic/nylon ends with flat metal stems, picture below. It's disappointing as they were bought as good quality items. Never had this happen before so perhaps it was a bad batch,,,, hey ho, not the end of the world 😏

IMG_20200708_055020.jpg

ca glue aka mitre fix - drip glue into the open end of the utensil and spray the activator on end of the handle. I know it was a separate material but when I lifted her favorite cup out of the dishwasher and the handle came off I used that as it was what I had to hand not expecting much of it (I thought it would be affected by the heat or the dishwasher) but it is still going strong.

4 hours ago, Diver One said:

You could always drill it and put a 6mm bolt through it.....Industrial culinary Chic  😂

Not such a daft idea, except I would use M5 CSK stainless socket heads, plus the epoxy resin. The booger would never fall off then