Firing both barrels? O/U

Jamesrb90

Hi all,

Would anyone shed some light please. I purchased a second hand Yildiz sp2 20" couple weeks ago and only just had the time to take it out today.  Seems to be firing both barrels. It was meant to be for my partner but shes not too happy with 42g on her shoulder 😂 is this a easy fix? 

Many thanks 

James 

On one of my first shoots before my SGC a pal lent me a ‘boys’ gun, no idea why as I was 6ft even then. It was a cheap Turkish 20 bore with tiny stock that he had won in some sort of raffle at a game fair. Being from a rifle background I tended to “constrict” rather than “pull” the trigger and it always double discharged. When he fired it was fine, but for me it fired both barrels. The recoil was fine, but a bit of a distraction never knowing what it would do - fortunately I only had to use it that once. 

If I were you I would get rid of it P/X where you bought it from or it could knock your wife’s confidence. Second choice is a gunsmith but she may always be doubting it. 

4 hours ago, Jamesrb90 said:

is this a easy fix

Could be anything from worn sears to debris in the action so it really depends on the fault and your skill set. My first instinct would be to take it back to the dealer, it must have some sort of warranty. If it was a private sale then try to contact the seller and ask for cash back. Failing that you need to contact a good smith and get a quote for repair vs the value of the gun.

All the best.

Edited by Taileron

2 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, as above and what do you mean by 42 g Yildiz have a 5 year warranty 

Hello, with the other advice I would take it back if purchased from a RFD, if you bought it with a private sale you could contact and try and return but I would suggest that was sold knowing the fault, failing that you could contact the importer in Berkshire details on web site and ask for advice on warranty, I found them very helpful 

Thank you all, 

I purchased the gun second hand from the sale section. I think I'll take it out and put a box through it. Although I did shoot the gun prior to her. 

I imagine the gun ain't worth the fix at a smiths tbh. But I will contact them anyway

And your right I really dont want to knock her confidence just now being so new to shooting, bless her I felt terrible when I heard and saw her face.

Most DD faults in a newish gun are oil\grease\dirt\filings related, take off the stock and flush action with wd40 or similar, paying attention to the inertia part of the mechanism.

If it is mechanical it may need a Smith but again until it is flushed, even Smith won't be able to tell if more complicated, unless obvious such as broken inertia spring.